Sr. Data Analyst (Consultant)
LOCATION: San Francisco
App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie's mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,100 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
As a Senior Data Analyst, the consultant will research, mine, document, and configure App Annie’s data systems. Platforms include cloud databases (Redshift and Snowflake), SaaS (CRM, CSM, and web analytics), and Tableau for visualizations. The consultant will work with business teams, other analysts, and data engineers to deliver projects as assigned. Projects may include data discovery, new visualizations, system set-up, plus adding new objects to databases.
The ideal candidate is experienced working in a small and efficient IT/ Business operation teams. You are comfortable wearing multiple hats and enjoy working with cutting edge technology to solve problems. This position is uniquely suited to highly organized individuals with a wide breadth of IT knowledge and experience and the ability to work with minimal direction. Good communication skills and ability to set and manage expectations are key to be successful in this role.
What you will do:
- Strong experience in design and development of visualizations and dashboards using Tableau.
- Create, automate and maintain reports in well-designed visualization/reporting in Tableau that are accessible to all the teams for self-service analytics
- Perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems data)
- Experience capturing and translating Business Requirements into technical solutions
- Familiar leveraging stored procedures and functions within a DW environment
- Familiar with data modeling and normalization
- Subject matter expert – Collaborate with internal and external partners for the definition, planning, modeling, governance, and implementation of Tableau capabilities.
- Deliver analytics solution to Business teams in a timely manner
What will you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM, Finance, or Economics discipline, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 6 years hands-on experience delivering Data Analytics solutions.
- Minimum 4 years of SQL experience writing queries and building database objects to meet business requirements.
- Experience with at least two database platforms (Cloud-based preferred).
- Minimum 2 years of SaaS project and/or admin experience (SalesForce or similar).
- Minimum 2 years of Tableau experience.
- Demonstrated experience taking charge of deliveries, organizing contributors through to project completion.
- Preferred Experience: Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics, Heap) and working with globally distributed teams.
- Able to prioritize and effectively manage competing priorities and set clear expectations around deliverables.
- Be a team player and build strong partnerships.
- Experience in a fast paced tech startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively across the organization at all levels, including C level and their office teams.
- Ability to maintain composure in high-pressure situations.
- Prior hands on experience using the above skills in building Executive level dashboards involving customer health or business facing KPI’s
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About App Annie
About us App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 900,000 registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners. Learn more at www.appannie.com. App Annie is an international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Vancouver and more). We offer lots of responsibility in your role, and room for you to grow with the company. And beyond personal growth, you’ll help make a great impact on App Annie’s success as a whole. With regular exposure to C-level executives, VPs, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs you’ll have the opportunity to learn a ton from experts in their fields.
Want to learn more about App Annie? Visit App Annie's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one