Something about us...
data.ai is the mobile standard and the trusted source for the digital economy. Our vision is to be the first Unified Data AI company that combines consumer and market data to provide insights powered by artificial intelligence. We passionately serve enterprise clients to create winning digital experiences for their customers.
We care deeply about our high performance culture and operate as a global team. We have set excellence as our standard, hold each other accountable, continuously push innovation and win with style.
We are a remote-first company as we trust our people to get it done from the location that works for them.
What you will tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"My team is focused entirely on bringing new products to market, and will be working on delivering an as-yet-unreleased paid product, helping to accelerate the growth of the company."
You will be responsible for and take pride in…
As a QA engineer working for data.ai, you will be a key contributor towards product innovation and quality. You will be part of a dedicated team being hired to build out a new product offering, with the ultimate goal of expanding data.ai’s addressable market.
- Collaborate with Product owners and engineering leaders to understand both functional and non-functional requirements in order to build out test plans
- Develop a strategy to automate feature testing as part of the product life-cycle, and to define and implement the automated test cases required to guarantee the highest level of quality and performance
- Own both product and data quality from the initial feature design stage all the way to the finished product as a fully integrated member of the development team
- Tackle all the QA challenges of a multi-faceted complex system, from back-end database validation and troubleshooting to front-end functional testing
- Run ad-hoc tests, troubleshoot new issues, and identify defects.
- Drive continuous improvement of our QA processes on the team, provide feedback to product and development, and ensure that work is carried out in accordance with our processes, schedule and requirements
- You're smart and are able to prove it (e.g. you hold a degree in Computer Science or a related field)
- You’re passionate about apps and analytics, obsessed with both finding and solving problems, and keenly focused on delivering high quality to customers/users.
- Energy and creativity are key characteristics that describe you and the projects you lead
You should recognize yourself in the following...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years of software testing or development experience, with a background in QA methodologies and thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working on CI/CD and web based development tools (Gitlab, Jenkins, AWS)
- Knowledge on API testing methodology and its automation.
- Experience with data validation/quality. SQL skills with significant experiences (PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Proficient in verbal and written English (finding the defect is only half the battle; you also need to be able to communicate how to reproduce it)
Some of the total rewards we offer…
- Holistic wellbeing for all employees including a Wellbeing allowance and a Wellness Benefits bundle
- A $1,000 (country equivalent) WFH allowance
- Internet allowance for stable internet connection
- Paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- 90 Day Passport program - work from anywhere in the world for 90 days / year.
- Got Lunch? We allow $15 per week expensed (country equivalent) for lunch
- Unlimited access to online learning platform Udemy to help you develop your skills.
- Virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
- Generous Employee Referral Bonus program. Earn up to $10,000 a referred hire.
- And much more
Ask your recruiter for a full list of total rewards and benefits specific to your region!
About App Annie
About us App Annie delivers the most trusted app market data and insights for your business to succeed in the global app economy. Over 900,000 registered members rely on App Annie to better understand the app market, their businesses and the opportunities around them. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 450 employees across 15 global offices. App Annie has received $157 million in financing, including from investors such as Sequoia Capital, Institutional Venture Partners, IDG Capital Partners, e.ventures, Greenspring Associates, and Greycroft Partners. Learn more at www.appannie.com. App Annie is an international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Vancouver and more). We offer lots of responsibility in your role, and room for you to grow with the company. And beyond personal growth, you’ll help make a great impact on App Annie’s success as a whole. With regular exposure to C-level executives, VPs, and Silicon Valley entrepreneurs you’ll have the opportunity to learn a ton from experts in their fields.
Want to learn more about App Annie? Visit App Annie's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.