WHO WE ARE
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a lifecycle engagement platform that forms strong bonds between people and the brands they love. We empower brands to humanize their connections with customers through technology, resulting in better experiences and increased retention, lifetime value, and ROI.
Braze is built for today’s mobile-first reality and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Enterprise and born-digital brands rely on Braze to deliver personalized messaging experiences that span across channels, platforms, and devices. Our flexible and comprehensive stack enables the automation of sophisticated marketing and growth strategies easily, and instantly, on a global scale. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, we’ve created a platform that makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with nearly 2 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Our offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, and London. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve received the Digiday Signal Award for Best CRM, in addition to being named VentureBeat Omnichannel MMA’s “Best Bet,” a Cloud100 Rising Star in Forbes, and #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Appboy (soon to be Braze) is looking for an exceptional Corporate Counsel to join our dynamic legal team in our New York headquarters. You will be responsible for providing legal counsel to a variety of stakeholders in our rapidly growing organization. As a part of a small legal department, you will report to the Assistant General Counsel and will work on a variety of legal matters, including drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts for a software as a service (“SaaS”) company, and assisting in privacy, litigation, and intellectual property matters. You will have the opportunity to help develop policies, and to collaborate with other teams (including Sales, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources) to determine best practices as we scale and grow our business, and you will collaborate with colleagues around the country, and internationally, to solve intricate problems. We are seeking someone who will care deeply about the employee experience, be passionate about fostering a positive working environment for our team members, and understand how this role can positively impact our organization. This is a great opportunity for a young lawyer to move into tech at a leading technology company that is growing quickly and scaling wisely.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have an undergraduate degree and a J.D. degree from top schools
- You have at least 3 years of relevant legal experience; industry experience is a plus
- You have strong corporate law and transactional experience
- You are a member of the NY state bar in good standing
- You have excellent negotiation, drafting, analytical, and communication skills
- You can manage multiple projects at once and will follow through, meet deadlines and take full
responsibility for structuring and prioritizing your time
- You work both collaboratively and autonomously
- You recognize legal and ethical risks and communicate these effectively to colleagues and
customers with consideration of the impact on the wider business
- You have sound judgment; you know how to resolve complicated matters while maintaining
integrity and confidentiality
- You have excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to facilitate collaborative
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy a challenge, are self-motivated, go the extra mile,
and are willing to learn, pitch in and play a significant role.
- You have a fantastic sense of humor
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
Appboy is building a smarter CRM suite that integrates with apps and websites.
Want to learn more about Appboy? Visit Appboy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Oscar, New York
Food & Fiber, Logistics Analyst
OneLogin, San Francisco HQ
Senior Financial Analyst
Yext, New York, NY
Property Rights Summer Communications Associate
Omidyar Network, Washington D.C.
Head of Global Tax
Ripple, San Francisco, CA