Braze (formerly Appboy) is a lifecycle engagement platform that forms strong bonds between people and the brands they love. We empower brands to humanize their connections with customers through technology, resulting in better experiences and increased retention, lifetime value, and ROI.
Braze is built for today’s mobile-first reality and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Enterprise and born-digital brands rely on Braze to deliver personalized messaging experiences that span across channels, platforms, and devices. Our flexible and comprehensive stack enables the automation of sophisticated marketing and growth strategies easily, and instantly, on a global scale. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, we’ve created a platform that makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with nearly 2 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Our offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, and London. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve received the Digiday Signal Award for Best CRM, in addition to being named VentureBeat Omnichannel MMA’s “Best Bet,” a Cloud100 Rising Star in Forbes, and #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a DevOps engineer to help us grow and improve automation, site reliability, and enable our engineering team to use new technologies in a scalable, reliable, and highly available way. Braze operates at massive scale, collecting hundreds of billions of data points each month and sending hundreds of millions of messages to end-users daily. We use a diverse technology stack rooted in Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Redis, and Hadoop, but we are adding new technologies and paradigms such as Kafka and distributed stream processing. We have infrastructure in a half dozen different data centers all managed by Chef, and a lot of caffeine.
We are seeking a strong operations owner who has a drive to automate anything that can be automated, at Braze scale. This individual will be directly responsible for an entire cluster of application nodes, sending services and the databases that support it.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Become an expert in how our product works from a technical standpoint
- Ensure that our message sending, big data pipeline and ingestion platforms can run and scale effortlessly
- Identify and resolve critical problems throughout the platform, which includes application performance.
- Develop Build and Deploy pipelines for applications in multiple languages using both docker and virtual instances
- Split on-call duty with other engineers on the team
- Ensure that Braze meets our strict enterprise-grade SLAs with customers
- Implement security changes, protocols, etc to ensure Braze meets our strict customer privacy promise.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-5+ years of experience as a devops engineer/systems administrator/site reliability engineer
- Working knowledge of Python or Ruby
- In depth experience with Redis
- Previous experience using configuration management platforms to build and manage hundreds of servers
- Previous experience with Hadoop or Kafka
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent ability to manage multiple tasks and expectations at once
- Previous work at startups
- Experience handling rapid user growth or global expansion
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
Appboy is building a smarter CRM suite that integrates with apps and websites.
Want to learn more about Appboy? Visit Appboy's website.
Jobs You May Like
Linux Filesystem Engineer
GitHub, Remote - US
Deployments / DevOps Engineer (NYC)
HyperScience, New York, NY
Machine Learning Engineer - Content Understanding
Change.org, San Francisco, CA, USA
Front End Developer
Red Ventures, Detroit, MI
Software Engineer, Cryptography & Systems
Protocol Labs, Remote
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA