Appboy is the leading lifecycle engagement platform for marketing, growth, and engagement teams. We empower brands to humanize connections with customers, resulting in better experiences and increased retention, lifetime value, and ROI.
Appboy’s technology helps brands automate sophisticated marketing and growth strategies simply, in real time, on a global scale. With Appboy, brands can seamlessly gather and manage actionable customer data from across systems in comprehensive user profiles, then use that information to reach their audience with highly relevant, personalized cross-channel messaging experiences. By taking advantage of this intuitive, secure solution, brands can easily understand the impact of past marketing efforts and carry out fast, effective iteration supported by Appboy’s intelligent optimization tools.
Each month, 10s of billions of messages associated with nearly 1 billion active users are managed through the Appboy platform. Enterprise and digital-first brands rely on Appboy and our best-in-class strategic expertise and support to reach, engage, and retain their audiences and keep pace with a rapidly changing landscape. Appboy is a venture-backed company of more than 175 employees, with offices in New York City, San Francisco, and London. Appboy was named a Digiday Signal Award Finalist for Best Marketing Automation Platform, a VentureBeat Omnichannel MMA “Best Bet,” and was selected by Forbes as a Cloud100 Rising Star. Learn more at Appboy.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a DevOps engineer to help us grow and improve automation, site reliability, and enable our engineering team to use new technologies in a scalable, reliable, and highly available way. Appboy operates at massive scale, collecting hundreds of billions of data points each month and sending hundreds of millions of messages to end-users daily. We use a diverse technology stack rooted in Ruby on Rails, MongoDB, Redis, and Hadoop, but we are adding new technologies and paradigms such as Kafka and distributed stream processing. We have infrastructure in a half dozen different data centers all managed by Chef, and a lot of caffeine.
We are seeking a strong operations owner who has a drive to automate anything that can be automated, at Appboy scale. This individual will be directly responsible for an entire cluster of application nodes, sending services and the databases that support it.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Become an expert in how our product works from a technical standpoint
- Ensure that our message sending, big data pipeline and ingestion platforms can run and scale effortlessly
- Identify and resolve critical problems throughout the platform, which includes application performance.
- Develop Build and Deploy pipelines for applications in multiple languages using both docker and virtual instances
- Split on-call duty with other engineers on the team
- Ensure that Appboy meets our strict enterprise-grade SLAs with customers
- Implement security changes, protocols, etc to ensure Appboy meets our strict customer privacy promise.
WHO YOU ARE
- 3-5+ years of experience as a devops engineer/systems administrator/site reliability engineer
- Working knowledge of Python or Ruby
- In depth experience with Redis
- Previous experience using configuration management platforms to build and manage hundreds of servers
- Previous experience with Hadoop or Kafka
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent ability to manage multiple tasks and expectations at once
- Previous work at startups
- Experience handling rapid user growth or global expansion
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
Appboy is building a smarter CRM suite that integrates with apps and websites.
Want to learn more about Appboy? Visit https://www.appboy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Dots, New York
Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Engineer (Frontend), Retail
Casper, New York
SEO & SEM Marketing Manager
San Francisco Chronicle, Downtown SF
Product Manager, Performance
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
HR Business Partner
SurveyMonkey, San Mateo