Appboy is the leading lifecycle engagement platform for marketing, growth, and engagement teams. We empower brands to humanize connections with customers, resulting in better experiences and increased retention, lifetime value, and ROI.
Appboy’s technology helps brands automate sophisticated marketing and growth strategies simply, in real time, on a global scale. With Appboy, brands can seamlessly gather and manage actionable customer data from across systems in comprehensive user profiles, then use that information to reach their audience with highly relevant, personalized cross-channel messaging experiences. By taking advantage of this intuitive, secure solution, brands can easily understand the impact of past marketing efforts and carry out fast, effective iteration supported by Appboy’s intelligent optimization tools.
Each month, tens of billion messages associated with more than one billion active users are managed through the Appboy platform. Enterprise and digital-first brands rely on Appboy and our best-in-class strategic expertise and support to reach, engage, and retain their audiences and keep pace with a rapidly changing landscape. Appboy is a venture-backed company of more than 175 employees, with offices in New York City, San Francisco, and London. Appboy was named a Digiday Signal Award Finalist for Best Marketing Automation Platform and Best CRM Platform, a VentureBeat Omnichannel MMA “Best Bet,” and was selected by Forbes as a Cloud100 Rising Star. Learn more at Appboy.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
The Vice President of People is responsible for all global HR, recruiting, and office management to support our rapid growth. This individual will develop and implement people strategies that align to our business objectives and values. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about their work and possess strong interpersonal and project management skills. This person must be a key ambassador of our brand and values, helping to extend our culture across the company and to prospective employees. Previous experience in an Internet/Technology or other high growth company is a plus.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Serve as a strategic business partner to our management team
- Develop and implement strategies to identify and attract diverse, best-in-class talent through a variety of outbound efforts, recruiting events and digital platforms
- Collaborate with talent team to optimize candidate experience throughout recruitment process
- Oversee performance review cycles and overall organization design
- Work with managers and prospective employees on compensation / benefits to ensure we are competitive globally
- Develop programs to foster employee relations and career development
- Management of global office facilities and daily operations
- Build and retain global people team over time to implement vision above
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Minimum of 7 years of HR experience and 3 years in management positions, preferably within a Tech/SaaS start-up
- Experience building and implementing company-wide HR processes and systems
- Thorough understanding of state and federal employment laws, including relevant international law
- Knowledge of all facets of compensation (salary, bonus, equity) and perks (benefits etc.)
- Proven experience in hiring diverse technical and sales professionals at various levels and geographies
- Ability to execute in a high-volume recruiting environment without sacrificing quality
- Must communicate effectively across internal leadership as well as external candidates
- True cultural ambassador
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
Appboy is building a smarter CRM suite that integrates with apps and websites.