WHO WE ARE
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a lifecycle engagement platform that forms strong bonds between people and the brands they love. We empower brands to humanize their connections with customers through technology, resulting in better experiences and increased retention, lifetime value, and ROI.
Braze is built for today’s mobile-first reality and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Enterprise and born-digital brands rely on Braze to deliver personalized messaging experiences that span across channels, platforms, and devices. Our flexible and comprehensive stack enables the automation of sophisticated marketing and growth strategies easily, and instantly, on a global scale. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, we’ve created a platform that makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with nearly 2 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees. Our offices are located in New York City, San Francisco, and London. Most recently, we’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. We’ve received the Digiday Signal Award for Best CRM, in addition to being named VentureBeat Omnichannel MMA’s “Best Bet,” a Cloud100 Rising Star in Forbes, and #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Recognized by Business Insider as one of New York’s coolest enterprise startups, and recently completing Series D round of funding for $50mm, Appboy offers a unique and robust marketing automation and analytics platform for mobile apps that helps major brands manage their mobile relationships with consumers.
As an Email Deliverability Specialist, you will consult clients on email deliverability issues using tools like 250OK and Return Path. You will be an expert on Appboy’s product and email marketing strategies, and channel your expertise toward creating onboarding materials, client-facing reports and documentation. As a member of the Customer Success department, you will develop and iterate on strategies that improve both our clients and our Customer Success Managers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into email sending practices
- Provide in-depth analysis of performance quality measurements, to ensure program is continuously improving
- Monitor delivery metrics and create plans to improve inbox placement and IP reputation
- Work closely with product and development teams to improve email reporting in the Appboy Dashboard
- Interface with support systems, including Desk.com, Github and documentation
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing blogs, articles, and whitepapers
- Guide the development of reports and scripts to analyze email deliverability
- Be able to work with a team to make sure we are in compliance with legal requirements such as CAN-SPAM
- Assist customers with blacklists, spam traps, and issues with ISPs
Please note this job description cannot possibly cover every duty you may need to undertake, you may be asked by your line manager to handle other reasonable responsibilities commensurate with the role.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A great tech startup culture where openness, curiosity, collaboration and career growth are encouraged and supported. You’ll also have the opportunity to work, daily, with Appboy’s clients, many of whom are the most innovative and exciting enterprise and mobile brands in the world.
WHO YOU ARE
Who will be a success in this role:
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in an analytic, data driven email deliverability role
- Be able to run reports on deliverability, as well as analyze them and make recommendations based on that analysis
- Know the ins and outs of email deliverability, and have hands-on experience with volume in e-mails
- Have experience with email marketing and sending emails to large numbers of subscribers
- You have experience with email testing tools like Email on Acid and Litmus and postmaster tools, like SNDS
- Familiarity with spam regulations, like CAN-SPAM and CASL
- Experience with fraud or abuse investigations & large scale email campaigns
- Have working knowledge of maintaining IP reputation
- Have great knowledge and standing within the email deliverability community
- You are not afraid to try new things. The idea of building something from scratch excites you!
- You’re known for being a “team player.” We just can’t emphasize this enough.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
- You have domain knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs, Marketing Automation, Direct Marketing, Marketing Analytics or Programming.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
Appboy is building a smarter CRM suite that integrates with apps and websites.
Want to learn more about Appboy? Visit Appboy's website.
Jobs You May Like
General Manager, Strava Metro
Strava, San Francisco, CA or Hanover, NH
Field Expert - Tulsa
Enjoy, Tulsa, OK
Managed By Q, New York, NY
Globalization Quality and Vendor Manager
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Trafficker and Campaign Manager
Twitch, London, UK
Senior Events Strategist and Producer
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco