WHO WE ARE
Appboy is the leading lifecycle engagement platform for marketing, growth, and engagement teams. We empower brands to humanize connections with customers, resulting in better experiences and increased retention, lifetime value, and ROI.
Appboy’s technology helps brands automate sophisticated marketing and growth strategies simply, in real time, on a global scale. With Appboy, brands can seamlessly gather and manage actionable customer data from across systems in comprehensive user profiles, then use that information to reach their audience with highly relevant, personalized cross-channel messaging experiences. By taking advantage of this intuitive, secure solution, brands can easily understand the impact of past marketing efforts and carry out fast, effective iteration supported by Appboy’s intelligent optimization tools.
Each month, 10s of billions of messages associated with nearly 1 billion active users are managed through the Appboy platform. Enterprise and digital-first brands rely on Appboy and our best-in-class strategic expertise and support to reach, engage, and retain their audiences and keep pace with a rapidly changing landscape. Appboy is a venture-backed company of more than 175 employees, with offices in New York City, San Francisco, and London. Appboy was named a Digiday Signal Award Finalist for Best Marketing Automation Platform, a VentureBeat Omnichannel MMA “Best Bet,” and was selected by Forbes as a Cloud100 Rising Star. Learn more at Appboy.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
Recognized by Business Insider as one of New York’s coolest enterprise startups, and recently completing Series D round of funding for $50mm, Appboy offers a unique and robust marketing automation and analytics platform for mobile apps that helps major brands manage their mobile relationships with consumers.
As an Email Deliverability Specialist, you will consult clients on email deliverability issues using tools like 250OK and Return Path. You will be an expert on Appboy’s product and email marketing strategies, and channel your expertise toward creating onboarding materials, client-facing reports and documentation. As a member of the Customer Success department, you will develop and iterate on strategies that improve both our clients and our Customer Success Managers.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conduct in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into email sending practices
- Provide in-depth analysis of performance quality measurements, to ensure program is continuously improving
- Monitor delivery metrics and create plans to improve inbox placement and IP reputation
- Work closely with product and development teams to improve email reporting in the Appboy Dashboard
- Interface with support systems, including Desk.com, Github and documentation
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing blogs, articles, and whitepapers
- Guide the development of reports and scripts to analyze email deliverability
- Be able to work with a team to make sure we are in compliance with legal requirements such as CAN-SPAM
- Assist customers with blacklists, spam traps, and issues with ISPs
Please note this job description cannot possibly cover every duty you may need to undertake, you may be asked by your line manager to handle other reasonable responsibilities commensurate with the role.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A great tech startup culture where openness, curiosity, collaboration and career growth are encouraged and supported. You’ll also have the opportunity to work, daily, with Appboy’s clients, many of whom are the most innovative and exciting enterprise and mobile brands in the world.
WHO YOU ARE
Who will be a success in this role:
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in an analytic, data driven email deliverability role
- Be able to run reports on deliverability, as well as analyze them and make recommendations based on that analysis
- Know the ins and outs of email deliverability, and have hands-on experience with volume in e-mails
- Have experience with email marketing and sending emails to large numbers of subscribers
- You have experience with email testing tools like Email on Acid and Litmus and postmaster tools, like SNDS
- Familiarity with spam regulations, like CAN-SPAM and CASL
- Experience with fraud or abuse investigations & large scale email campaigns
- Have working knowledge of maintaining IP reputation
- Have great knowledge and standing within the email deliverability community
- You are not afraid to try new things. The idea of building something from scratch excites you!
- You’re known for being a “team player.” We just can’t emphasize this enough.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
- You have domain knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs, Marketing Automation, Direct Marketing, Marketing Analytics or Programming.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
Appboy is building a smarter CRM suite that integrates with apps and websites.
Want to learn more about Appboy? Visit https://www.appboy.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Developer | Brand Engineering
Time Inc., New York, NY
Full Stack Software Engineer
Warby Parker, New York Office
Freelance Writer, Charlotte
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Charlotte
Eventbrite, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Customer Success Manager
BounceX, New York
Billing and Data Coordinator
Twitch, San Francisco, CA