Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
About the role
Appier’s enterprise solutions is powered by proprietary deep learning and machine learning technologies to empowers every business to use AI to turn data into business insights and decisions. As an Software Engineer, Android Development, you will be involved in helping to build critical components of this platform.
You will be developing and operate scalable, reliable and maintainable service-based softwares and related components, co-work with team members to design system architecture, choose proper technologies and be involved in Agile development processes.
Task of the role
- Implementing new functionalities in Android SDKs to enable new use cases.
- Keeping track of the new functionalities that successive generations of Android operating systems introduce, and find if they are applicable to Appier.
- Adopting the best methodologies to develop the Android SDKs
- Ensuring that the SDKs work correctly across a range of devices, and promptly resolve if any issues that are reported by clients.
- Ensuring that the size of the SDK remains as low as possible, while ensuring that code is readable.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field with min. 2 years of relevant experience
- Write efficient, maintainable code for Android application
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning.
- Familiar with building RESTful APIs
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Familiarity with Advance Push Notification Extensions
- Familiarity with building android libraries
- Familiarity with Git / BitBucket / GitHub
- Team player and able to work independently
- Proactive, great interpersonal and problem-solving skills
[Nice to have]
- 5+ years of experience in Internet Industry
- MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Practical knowledge of Python / Scala
- Practical knowledge of mobile application profiler and debugging tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration / continuous deployment
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services or Google Compute Engine
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general
Company profile Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence (AI) platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis and distributed systems. Appier serves around 1,000 global brands and agencies from offices in 14 markets across Asia, including Taipei, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Osaka, Sydney, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New Delhi, Jakarta, Seoul, and Bangkok. Investment Appier has raised over US$82 million in total funding (Seed, Series A, B and C), including: US$6 million in Series A funding from Sequoia US$42.5 million in Series B funding from FirstFloor Capital, JAFCO Asia, MediaTek Ventures, Pavilion Capital International, Qualgro, Sequoia Capital, TransLink Capital, UOB Venture Management and WI Harper US$33 million in Series C funding from SoftBank Group, LINE Corporation, NAVER Corporation, EDBI and AMTD Group Market expansion Headquartered in Taipei, Appier serves more than 1,000 global brands and agencies from offices in fourteen cities across Asia, including Taipei, Singapore, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New Delhi, Jakarta, Seoul, Sydney, Bangkok and Osaka.
Want to learn more about Appier? Visit Appier's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.