Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
About the role
Frontend engineers at Appier focus on handcrafting sophisticated web UI using cutting-edge front-end development technologies / tools. We work closely with UI/UX designers and backend engineers and deliver high-quality, fluent and elegant web applications to our enterprise customers, or to aid daily operations within Appier.
Task of the role
- Design & develop front-end architecture & interactive user interfaces
- Integrate the back-end modules built by your coworkers into new services
- Ensures the flexibility of front-end architecture
- Ensure the high performance of responsiveness
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Build unit tests and test automation
- Perform code reviews to ensure existing code stay high-quality, fast, and flexible
- Handle and resolve issues escalated from the production operational environment
- Participate in idea brainstorming and contribute ideas to technology, algorithms and products
- Respect coding convention, language standard syntax, documentation.
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility techniques.
- Experience with frontend technologies or frontend frameworks.
- Proactive, good interpersonal and problem-solving skill.
- Team player and able to work independently.
- Familiar with git.
- Loves trying out new technologies and sharing with team what problems do the new technologies address. All kinds of "new technologies" is welcomed, from FP-like languages (e.g. ReasonML, PureScript, Elm), CSS-in-JS implementations, Data-loading mechanisms (e.g. Relay, Apollo), to experience sharing on using certain components, or webpack plugins / linter configs / codemods / boilerplates that improves developer experience (DX).
[Nice to have]
- React.js, CSS Modules, Webpack.
- Test frameworks: Jest, Mocha.
- Capable of testing across multiple browsers, platforms.
- Experience in Node.js, GraphQL, MongoDB, MySQL.
- Experience in web performance optimization and the pixel pipeline.
- Experience in CSS Pre/Post-processors (PostCSS, SASS or LESS).
- Experience in ES6/ES2017 transpiler (Babel, TypeScript, PureScript, BuckleScript, ClosureScript, etc.).
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general
Company profile Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence (AI) platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis and distributed systems. Appier serves around 1,000 global brands and agencies from offices in 14 markets across Asia, including Taipei, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Osaka, Sydney, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New Delhi, Jakarta, Seoul, and Bangkok. Investment Appier has raised over US$82 million in total funding (Seed, Series A, B and C), including: US$6 million in Series A funding from Sequoia US$42.5 million in Series B funding from FirstFloor Capital, JAFCO Asia, MediaTek Ventures, Pavilion Capital International, Qualgro, Sequoia Capital, TransLink Capital, UOB Venture Management and WI Harper US$33 million in Series C funding from SoftBank Group, LINE Corporation, NAVER Corporation, EDBI and AMTD Group Market expansion Headquartered in Taipei, Appier serves more than 1,000 global brands and agencies from offices in fourteen cities across Asia, including Taipei, Singapore, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New Delhi, Jakarta, Seoul, Sydney, Bangkok and Osaka.
Want to learn more about Appier? Visit Appier's website.
Jobs You May Like
First Look Media
Executive Assistant, Original Series, Topic Studios
First Look Media, Los Angeles, CA