Senior Manager of HR & Talent Acquisition, Japan
Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
About the role
We are seeking for Senior Manager of HR & Talent Acquisition, Japan in Appier. This candidate will be responsible for executing and administering company-wide programs and procedures covering recruitment and other HR operations to fulfill the objectives of company growth in Japan. He or she will be under direct supervision by HR management and coordinate or administer various aspects of recruitment as well as employee relations programs.
- Expands and maintains the recruitment sourcing channels including the internet-based hiring sites, consulting firms, headhunters, professional communities, and colleges.
- Conducts interviews and assessments for hiring critical and managerial positions; negotiating pay packages; performing reference checks.
- Optimizes recruiting & staffing effectiveness by establishing and introducing creative and innovative selection methods and practices to management; conducting and analyzing exit interviews.
- Optimizes human capital by planning and organizing L&D and IDP programs; conducting training needs assessment; lecturing related training courses when needed.
- Provides internal guidance on a broad range of HR issues and manage the entire associate life cycle, including performance management and associate relations;
- Optimizes and facilitates company growth based on understanding of business and employee’s feedback;
- Integrates and partners with HR colleagues and other business stakeholders in the Recruiting, Learning & Development, Compensation to implement solutions for a scaling business
- Monitoring and researching pay structure in relevant industries in the market; recommending revision of pay structure to management when necessary.
- Conducting global HR operations by scheduling, monitoring and following up on work results.
- Other ad-hoc tasks.
- Bachelor degree or above in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in a HR generalist/manager role with proven progression, and 3+ years in recruiting
- Ability to work in and manage ambiguity - dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system
- Fluent in Japanese and English for both speaking and writing
- Ability to identify and develop HR agendas that support the aims of the organization.
- Ability to present evidences and recommendations simply and concisely in oral and written form.
- General knowledge of business management and operations.
- Good knowledge of principles and practices of HR administrative operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Proactive attitude in gaining results with a strong business-oriented mindset.
[Nice to have]
- Ability to present reports and recommendations simply and concisely in oral and written form.
- Business experience in Digital Marketing or Enterprise industry is preferred
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general
Company profile Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence (AI) platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis and distributed systems. Appier serves around 1,000 global brands and agencies from offices in 14 markets across Asia, including Taipei, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Osaka, Sydney, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New Delhi, Jakarta, Seoul, and Bangkok. Investment Appier has raised over US$82 million in total funding (Seed, Series A, B and C), including: US$6 million in Series A funding from Sequoia US$42.5 million in Series B funding from FirstFloor Capital, JAFCO Asia, MediaTek Ventures, Pavilion Capital International, Qualgro, Sequoia Capital, TransLink Capital, UOB Venture Management and WI Harper US$33 million in Series C funding from SoftBank Group, LINE Corporation, NAVER Corporation, EDBI and AMTD Group Market expansion Headquartered in Taipei, Appier serves more than 1,000 global brands and agencies from offices in fourteen cities across Asia, including Taipei, Singapore, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New Delhi, Jakarta, Seoul, Sydney, Bangkok and Osaka.