Appier is an AI SaaS company on a mission to make AI easy, by making software intelligent. Founded in 2012, Appier has 17 offices across APAC, U.S. and Europe and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Visit www.appier.com for more information.
About the role
Tech Lead, Backend Development at Appier oversees the technical steering of the product development team, and collaborates with stakeholders to assure high-quality feature/enhancement deliverables. In this role, you will not only acquire in-depth knowledge of MarTech technical stacks, but also work with talented engineers in Appier to build a world-class enterprise MarTech SaaS product. You are open-minded and willing to take on new challenges. You have the energy and drive to do the work with excellence. If this describes your personality well, you are the one we are looking for!
Task of the role
- Evaluate technical feasibility against business requirements with PMs/TPMs/Designers/QAs/etc.
- Propose architectural designs and oversee the system development
- Ensure the scalability and sustainability across microservice components
- Profile and improve end-to-end system performance
- Assure code quality through PR reviews and automations
- Control technical debt along with rapid feature development
- Triage and troubleshoot service issues and client inquiries
- Coach software engineer teammates
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Expertise in engineering sustainable software products
- Expertise in any programming language
- Experience in version control systems (Git, Mercury, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience in project management systems (Jira, Asana, Redmine, etc.)
- Team player and ability to work independently
- Proactive, great interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Professional proficiency in English
[Nice to have]
- BS/BA/MS degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Professional proficiency in Mandarin
- Experience in cloud service providers (AWS, GCP)
- Experience in Python programming
- Experience in technical leadership or project management
- Experience in web backend technologies
- Experience in system security principles and practices
- Experience in distributed systems
- Experience in running production services on GNU/Linux
- Experience in DevOps principles
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in monitoring and alert systems
- Experience in software testing techniques
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general
Company profile Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence (AI) platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis and distributed systems. Appier serves around 1,000 global brands and agencies from offices in 14 markets across Asia, including Taipei, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Osaka, Sydney, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New Delhi, Jakarta, Seoul, and Bangkok. Investment Appier has raised over US$82 million in total funding (Seed, Series A, B and C), including: US$6 million in Series A funding from Sequoia US$42.5 million in Series B funding from FirstFloor Capital, JAFCO Asia, MediaTek Ventures, Pavilion Capital International, Qualgro, Sequoia Capital, TransLink Capital, UOB Venture Management and WI Harper US$33 million in Series C funding from SoftBank Group, LINE Corporation, NAVER Corporation, EDBI and AMTD Group Market expansion Headquartered in Taipei, Appier serves more than 1,000 global brands and agencies from offices in fourteen cities across Asia, including Taipei, Singapore, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New Delhi, Jakarta, Seoul, Sydney, Bangkok and Osaka.
Want to learn more about Appier? Visit Appier's website.
Beautiful event websites