Appier is an AI SaaS company on a mission to make AI easy, by making software intelligent. Founded in 2012, Appier has 17 offices across APAC, U.S. and Europe and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Visit www.appier.com for more information.
You are going to build the iOS SDK for AIQUA and AiDeal, which present customized contents and send push notifications to app users at the most appropriate timing, personalized by the AI to detect the users’ growing desire to buy. We do this by analyzing users’ behaviour data (taps, gestures and etc.) in real-time.
You can choose your working style either working remotely or working at the Tokyo office as far as you live in Japan. If you are not currently located in Japan yet, we will help you relocate by sponsoring your VISA. As you are going to work in an international team, no Japanese skills are required because English is the most important language for our daily work.
Our response to COVID-19
As our target market is e-commerce, the COVID-19 crisis has actually led to a boost in demand for our solution. Our team has been working completely remotely since mid-February in 2020. Even before the crisis, our engineers were already working remotely with Appier members in Taiwan, so making the transition to full remote went smoothly.
Due to travel restrictions, we cannot help you relocate to Japan if you are currently not living in Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong, China, Australia, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines, or Taiwan as of now.
About the role
Appier’s enterprise solutions are powered by proprietary deep learning and machine learning technologies to empowers every business to use AI to turn data into business insights and decisions. As a **Software Engineer, iOS Development**, you will be involved in helping to build critical components of this platform.
You will be developing and operating scalable, reliable, and maintainable service-based software and related components, co-work with team members to design system architecture, choose proper technologies, and be involved in Agile development processes.
Task of the role
- Implementing new functionalities in iOS SDKs to enable new use cases.
- Keeping track of the new functionalities introduced in successive generations of iOS, and find if they are applicable to Appier.
- Adopting the best methodologies to develop the iOS SDKs
- Ensuring that the SDKs work correctly across a range of devices, and promptly resolve if any issues that are reported by clients.
- Ensuring that the size of the SDK remains as small as possible, while ensuring that code is readable.
- Ensuring that the API and behavior is consistent with Android SDK
- Ensuring the overall integrity in the context of cross-platform frameworks like Flutter, React Native, Unity, or others
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field with minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Practical knowledge of Swift, Objective-C, and the interoperability
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, etc
- Write efficient, maintainable, and testable code for iOS application
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Familiarity with Apple Push Notification service and extensions
- Familiarity with other integrated cloud messaging services
- Familiarity with iOS CI/CD solutions and package distribution mechanisms
- Familiarity with Git and code review with BitBucket / GitHub
- Team player and able to work independently
- Proactive, great interpersonal and problem-solving skills
[Nice to have]
- 5+ years of experience in the IT Industry
- MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Practical knowledge of mobile application profiler and debugging tools
- Practical experience with cross-platform frameworks like Flutter, React Native, Unity, or others
- Practical experience in customer-oriented technical writing
- Familiarity with backend development
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Familiarity with RESTful
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
Health insurance for all employees
Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general
Company profile Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence (AI) platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis and distributed systems. Appier serves around 1,000 global brands and agencies from offices in 14 markets across Asia, including Taipei, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Tokyo, Osaka, Sydney, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New Delhi, Jakarta, Seoul, and Bangkok. Investment Appier has raised over US$82 million in total funding (Seed, Series A, B and C), including: US$6 million in Series A funding from Sequoia US$42.5 million in Series B funding from FirstFloor Capital, JAFCO Asia, MediaTek Ventures, Pavilion Capital International, Qualgro, Sequoia Capital, TransLink Capital, UOB Venture Management and WI Harper US$33 million in Series C funding from SoftBank Group, LINE Corporation, NAVER Corporation, EDBI and AMTD Group Market expansion Headquartered in Taipei, Appier serves more than 1,000 global brands and agencies from offices in fourteen cities across Asia, including Taipei, Singapore, Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Ho Chi Minh City, Manila, Hong Kong, Mumbai, New Delhi, Jakarta, Seoul, Sydney, Bangkok and Osaka.
Want to learn more about Appier? Visit Appier's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.