Senior Platform Engineer
AppLovin, Palo Alto, CA
AppLovin turns mobile into the medium of choice for advertisers.
At AppLovin, we handle over 70 billion ad requests and 150 terabytes a day, across seven global data centers. We are looking for a Senior Platform Engineer to help create and scale an architecture that allows us to manage and leverage large amounts of data effectively. You will also provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior engineers within the team. If you are looking to make an impact, we’d love to meet you!
AppLovin offers a comprehensive platform where mobile game developers of all sizes can connect with their ideal consumers and get discovered. Founded in 2012, the company is focused on helping both indie and established developers grow with the expertise and insights they need to finance, market, and expand their businesses— all in one place. App developers view AppLovin as a trusted partner, the rare company that understands what it takes to succeed in the mobile app ecosystem and has the ability to help them reach their goals. Learn more at www.applovin.com.
- Minimum 5 years of meaningful professional experience
- Have a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience working with big data systems (Spark, SparkSQL, HDFS)
- Strong software development skills, with proficiency in Java
- In depth knowledge of NoSQL databases (Aerospike, Zookeeper) and SQL databases (Vertica, MySQL, Clickhouse)
- Ability to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Have a desire to solve large, complex problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of Airflow
- Mentoring experience - You have a passion for guiding more junior engineers in their progress on business and personal career goals
- You have led the implementation or adoption of a new technology across an organization
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- 401k matching
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it
About us AppLovin is a leading mobile marketing platform that helps the world's largest brands reach over two billion consumers globally with relevant content. The platform provides marketing automation that allows brands to acquire new consumers on mobile apps. The company has over 100 employees and is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, New York, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, and Berlin.
Want to learn more about AppLovin? Visit AppLovin's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Highfive, Redwood City
Senior Frontend Software Engineer
Lookout, San Francisco, CA
Staff Web Developer (Technical Lead), Plus B2B
Shopify, New York City, United States
Applications Engineer - Machine Vision
Samsara, San Francisco
Software Engineer, Measurement Solutions
Pinterest, Seattle, WA
Engineering Manager, Back-end