AppLovin, Palo Alto, CA
AppLovin turns mobile into the medium of choice for advertisers.
Grow your career at AppLovin.
At AppLovin, we build technology that helps make mobile games successful and enables developers to bring their games to more people around the world. Since we launched in 2012, our technology platform has been instrumental in fueling the explosive growth of many mobile games, including those developed by our own studio and by our studio partners. We’ve built an amazing team of talented people who are committed to helping the mobile games industry thrive. Lion Studios by AppLovin works with mobile game developers to publish, market, and grow their businesses. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Toronto, Herzliya and Berlin. Learn more at applovin.com.
AppLovin is one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times’ awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work and the Workplace Wellness Award, which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
AppLovin is looking for a data-driven and highly motivated Controller to join our growing team. You are a dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic individual who thrives in a rapidly changing environment. In this role, you will be providing vital guidance and support to the accounting team. You will manage core financial processes, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, external audits and compliance requirements. Partnering closely with leadership and department heads, you will also be responsible for developing critical control policies and procedures across the organization.
- Responsible for all aspects of month-end close activities, including all journal entries and reconciliations related to cash and cash equivalents, revenue recognition, vendor accruals, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, payroll and equity accounting
- Be an important part of IPO readiness. Manage internal and external audits and prepare supporting documentation for SEC filings as needed.
- Responsible for the internal and external financial reporting process. Prepare and communicate the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, coordinate disclosure committee meetings, manage key timelines and deliverables to the external auditors, legal team, and senior management team
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation, review and filing of all external financial reports, including those filed with the SEC, should we become a public company
- Responsible for technical accounting: review, research, and document the accounting implications of major transactions, including coordination with functional area leads and legal to review and approve major corporate contracts. Assess the financial implications of new accounting pronouncements.
- Build out and manage the Company’s internal accounting team and provide coaching, mentoring and leadership to help employees learn and grow
- Design and implement corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and prepare the Company for SOX 404b compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA license required with Big 4 audit experience
- 12+ years relevant professional experience is required (mix of private and public experience is a plus)
- Internet industry experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting, technical accounting and reporting
- Experience working for a publicly-traded company is required, preferably in a SOX 404(b) environment
- SEC experience required
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving, organizational and project management skills
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Team player with the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams and business partners
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it
Interested? Send us your resume and let’s talk!
About us AppLovin is a leading mobile marketing platform that helps the world's largest brands reach over two billion consumers globally with relevant content. The platform provides marketing automation that allows brands to acquire new consumers on mobile apps. The company has over 100 employees and is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, New York, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, and Berlin.