AppLovin, Palo Alto, CA
AppLovin turns mobile into the medium of choice for advertisers.
AppLovin is looking for a data-driven and highly motivated Controller to join our growing team. You are a dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic individual who thrives in a rapidly changing environment. In this role, you will be providing vital guidance and support to the accounting team. You will manage core financial processes, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, external audits and compliance requirements. Partnering closely with leadership and department heads, you will also be responsible for developing critical control policies and procedures across the organization.
AppLovin was named one of Inc.’s Best Places to Work and one of San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work. AppLovin is #1 on Silicon Valley Business Journal's Fast Private list and #3 on SF Business Times' list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies.
AppLovin empowers mobile game developers of all sizes to connect with billions of global users each month and get their games discovered. Founded in 2012, the company provides developers with the tools needed to monetize, publish, analyze, and grow their businesses—all in one place. The AppLovin marketing platform and analytics suite enable developers to acquire new users and improve profitability. Lion Studios, AppLovin’s independent media division, gives developers access to proven resources for publishing and promoting their apps. AppLovin is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, Toronto and Berlin. Learn more at applovin.com.
- Responsible for all aspects of month-end close activities, including all journal entries and reconciliations related to cash and cash equivalents, revenue recognition, vendor accruals, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, payroll and equity accounting
- Be an important part of IPO readiness. Manage internal and external audits and prepare supporting documentation for SEC filings as needed.
- Responsible for the internal and external financial reporting process. Prepare and communicate the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, coordinate disclosure committee meetings, manage key timelines and deliverables to the external auditors, legal team, and senior management team
- Manage the timely and accurate preparation, review and filing of all external financial reports, including those filed with the SEC, should we become a public company
- Responsible for technical accounting: review, research, and document the accounting implications of major transactions, including coordination with functional area leads and legal to review and approve major corporate contracts. Assess the financial implications of new accounting pronouncements.
- Build out and manage the Company’s internal accounting team and provide coaching, mentoring and leadership to help employees learn and grow
- Design and implement corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls and prepare the Company for SOX 404b compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA license required with Big 4 audit experience
- 12+ years relevant professional experience is required (mix of private and public experience is a plus)
- Internet industry experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting, technical accounting and reporting
- Experience working for a publicly-traded company is required, preferably in a SOX 404(b) environment
- SEC experience required
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving, organizational and project management skills
- High degree of dedication to improvement and strong sense of ownership
- Team player with the ability to work independently and willingness to take on challenges in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with management, team, peers, cross-functional teams and business partners
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily lunches and fully stocked kitchen
- Free public transit
- Free laundry service (wash/dry clean)
- Free gym membership
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible Time Off - work hard and take time when you need it
Interested? Send us your resume and let’s talk!
About us AppLovin is a leading mobile marketing platform that helps the world's largest brands reach over two billion consumers globally with relevant content. The platform provides marketing automation that allows brands to acquire new consumers on mobile apps. The company has over 100 employees and is headquartered in Palo Alto with offices in San Francisco, New York, Dublin, Beijing, Tokyo, Seoul, and Berlin.