Examples of What You'll Do
- You’ll develop a comprehensive understanding of our customers, products, competitors, positioning, and pricing. You’ll speak with our clients every week, maintaining a library and synthesis of your insights.
- You’ll maintain an up-to-date definition of our ideal customer profile, buyer personas, and target segments, in an effort to better understand the motivations, demographics, and firmographics of our targets.
- You’ll leverage your customer insights to craft copy and collateral that converts, and produce videos that help us illustrate product features. You’ll work with our Sales Operations Team to create advertisement and email campaigns that convert targets into qualified opportunities.
- You’ll lead the successful launch promotion of new features and/or products.
- You’ll take ownership of other marketing responsibilities—including social media, event, content, and brand projects—knowing that you’ll eventually hire team members to join or replace you in your work.
About You: Strengths
- B2B Product Marketing Experience: You have 5-10+ years of experience in product marketing at early- to late- stage technology startups. Experience in general marketing is helpful, but not required.
- Product Positioning & Messaging Skills: You have experience crafting compelling customer messaging for technical products. You have well-informed opinions about positioning, and likely have one or more frameworks you prefer to use.
- Customer Journey Optimization Skills: You have experience strategically deploying a variety of tactics, messaging, and content at different points along the customer journey for a technical product.
- User Research Skills: You have experience conducting interviews with customers and prospects, documenting your conversations, and training colleagues on your insights. You’ve worked with clients face-to-face to help them understand a technical product, and you’ve worked with clients to understand their needs.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: You have experience explaining complicated concepts and drafting clear communications, whether you’re interacting with clients, vendors, or members of the Aptible Team.
- Bonus Experience (Not Required): You’re familiar with common sales and marketing automation tools, and you’ve written a bit of code or SQL.
What We Value: And hope you'll embrace at Aptible, too.
- Commitment to the Team: We are building an exceptional team by finding exceptional people that care deeply about building exceptional teams, wherever they are.
- Commitment to Each Other: We commit to less, which means we’re able to deliver more for our colleagues and customers.
- Commitment to the Mission: We love winning, but most of all, we value getting back up and getting better at what we do. We respect grit.
- Growth Over Perfection: We help each other improve. When we give feedback, we make each other feel big, not small. This helps us take reasonable risks, which helps us make decisions and learn quickly. We fail often and early, and learn from it.
- Teaching as Learning: We believe that teaching is the best way to learn, and make time to share information openly.
- Constructiveness Over Commiseration: We seek to improve through self-reflection and hard work. We prefer to offer solutions to problems.
- Asking Why: We ask “why?” a lot in order to understand root causes. Asking why helps us cultivate focus and make high-quality decisions quickly.
- Commitment: Full-Time
- Location: Anywhere
- Compensation: Competitive Salary, Equity, Health Benefits, Flexible Paid Time Off
Aptible is a distributed company that helps developers secure data and applications online. Aptible works closely with thousands of developers at hundreds of companies, including many startups. The Aptible team is fully remote and is made up of engineers, lawyers, and security operations experts.