Senior Software Engineer: Aptible Deploy
Aptible, Remote (North America)
Keep your apps, data, and people secure.
- You'll take ownership of new features and iterate on existing ones to increase the value of Aptible Deploy for our customers, who rely on us to reduce their infrastructure workload and achieve compliance goals (in the past we've worked on: Metric drains, providing auto-renewing SSL/TLS certificates, and improvements to our tooling and automation that allow us to respond to vulnerabilities like Meltdown and Spectre even faster).
- You'll engage with customers to understand how they use the product, identify pain points, and prioritize future development.
- You have a thorough understanding of Linux. Aptible Deploy leverages a number of advanced Linux features through Docker, which you need to understand as an Aptible Deploy engineer.
- You have experience with a variety of programming languages. The best language to implement a core web API is unlikely to be the best language to implement a metrics collection agent, both of which you’re likely to work on.
- You're familiar with or eager to learn about the software on which Aptible Deploy is built. Cloud IaaS (AWS), Docker, PostgreSQL, Redis, sqlite.
- You have experience with defensive and offensive security, such as through participation in capture-the-flag events or work experience. As a hosting provider for regulated industries, customers expect us to build to the highest standards of security.
- You’re comfortable interacting with, understanding, and troubleshooting unfamiliar software. When troubleshooting platform trouble or escalated customer issues, you’re likely to have to interact with software you’ve never seen before.
- You're excited by the prospect of working on a small team to build a complex product. The Aptible Deploy Team — including Support and Operations — currently consists of only three team members, and serves hundreds of companies with tens of thousands of concurrently-running containers. As a member of this team, you’ll have an outsized impact and degree of responsibility.
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it — for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off — 12 Weeks, Fully Paid — for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Aptible is a distributed company that helps developers secure data and applications online. Aptible works closely with thousands of developers at hundreds of companies, including many startups. The Aptible team is fully remote and is made up of engineers, lawyers, and security operations experts.