Senior Project Manager
Aptos, United Kingdom - West Bromwich
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
The Aptos EMEA Project Delivery Team is responsible for end-to-end Project and project management and governance of the Aptos EMEA project portfolio that supports the P&L and realisation of the Aptos EMEA strategy. Providing a consistent approach, improved control and clear accountability for delivery. The purpose of this role will be to deliver Projects (individually or part of a small portfolio) that enable Aptos EMEA clients to achieve their business goals.
The Project Manager role is a delivery role, focusing on the delivery of specific project / work-stream within the project portfolio and to provide the governance that supports the P&L
- Support the client in scoping and mobilizing projects. Includes thorough understanding of Aptos EMEA governance processes and coaching of clients in adherence to them.
- Prepare and regularly maintain project plans based on work packages which are agreed with suppliers (internal and external). Hold regular calls and meetings to enable Issue resolution, project change control and status monitoring in terms of delivery to agreed timescales and budgets. Ensure requisite attendance at meetings and log headline minutes and actions and progress as appropriate.
- Report progress in agreed format and identify and escalate key risks and issues.
- Develop co-operative working relationships across all Aptos EMEA functions to maximize Project delivery efficiency through effective use of all available resources.
Here’s what skills you’ll need…
- Proficient in project planning, organizing, team motivation, and delegation
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Team player and able to manage others through teamwork
- Understanding and experience with related business and development processes
- Excellent time management skills
- Goal-oriented - ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever changing environment
- Fast learner with ability to operate effectively in new environments
- Able to collaborate as a strong team member in a fast-paced environment
- Able to integrate information from multiple sources in order to anticipate issues, come up with solutions, and resolve the problems
- Able to influence individuals at all levels in different departments, including senior executives
- High degree of commitment, flexibility, self-motivation, self-confidence, assertiveness, and high tolerance of ambiguity
Professional / technical competences
- Project management skills:
- Risk management with risks identified, options agreed & plan in place. Contingency planning – in depth knowledge of both contingency planning and mitigation
- Budget control
- Supplier management
- Contract management and negotiation
- Able to manage a portfolio of loosely related projects and Projects
Other Experience Essential for the job:
- Relevant industry experience within a ecommerce /retail product environment
- Specific experience of delivering technology and organisational change projects
- Broad knowledge of technology sector and strong competitor awareness
- Understanding of product development life cycle, product design and implementation.
- Knowledge and understanding of process design and implementation
- Change management (organization and cultural skills)
- Experience of development of processes and roles within associated functional departments
- Negotiation skills
- Prince 2 Qualified, Membership of APM, IPM or 6 Sigma is advantageous but not essential.
- Degree qualification is advantageous but not essential.
Did we pique your interest?
If this sounds like the kind of job you would love in the kind of environment you would thrive in, please drop us a line -- we’d love to hear from you!
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.
Want to learn more about Aptos? Visit Aptos's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Wellness Editor, Healthline.com
Healthline Media, San Francisco, CA
Accounting Officer (AR)
Lalamove, Bangkok, Thailand
Principal Software Development Engineer
Hotstar, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Digital Reasoning, Singapore
Sales Insights & Operations Analyst
Field Event Marketing Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco