iOS Mobile Developer
Aptos, Mexico - Monterrey, Nuevo Leon
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
A quick snapshot….
The Mobile Developer will be responsible for designing, coding, and implementing software applications and components. The primary focus will be development and maintenance of iOS applications integrating with back-end service layer in a collaborative environment working with cross-functional teams. The quality delivery of the software is a key element and Mobile Developer will be responsible to ensure that by unit-testing the code to validate usability, reliability and robustness of the software.
Here’s what you’ll do...
- Design, code and test new iOS based applications
- Enhance existing applications by analyzing business objectives, preparing action plans and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Maintain existing software systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Investigate and develop skills in new technologies
- Create new and extend existing operational documentation
- Consult with management related to ongoing projects and tasks
- Collaborate with peers concerning maintenance and performance of software systems
- Implement new software
- Write Unit test cases
Here’s what skills you’ll need...
- Proficient with Objective-C with 2+ years of work experience
- Experience with iOS frameworks such as Cocoa, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Animation
- Experience App Store release processes
- Familiarity with RESTful, SOAP APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Background with Performance tuning
- Experience in Agile development methodology
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to see the big picture while focusing on the details
Here’s what will give you an edge…
- Familiarity with Git version control system
- Understanding of Continuous Integration using Jenkins, SonarQube
- Exposure with Grand Central Dispatch (GCD)
- Exposure to .NET, Microsoft technologies
- 5+ years in development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Passion. We know it when we see it. Passion is not saying how much you love what you do in your most excited voice. Passion is revealed in your truest self. It’s about what you’ve accomplished; how you want to grow; the ideas you have; your philosophies. It’s demonstrating through your words and your actions that you truly believe in what you do -- and where you work. That it matters to you. And that’s pretty cool.
Resourcefulness and application. At Aptos, we have a pioneering spirit -- when we have questions, we find answers; when we’re faced with challenges, we find solutions. We turn to a variety of resources, including our own colleagues, our professional network, the Internet, articles and books -- whatever helps us get the job done. But it’s not just about using a variety of resources to gain knowledge -- it’s also about applying that knowledge to other areas of the job or business where it might make sense.
Initiative. You don’t wait around for things to happen or for your manager to tell you what to do. You’re not only proactive about completing your own work, but when you sense the need to introduce a project that will benefit the team or the organization -- even if it’s outside your scope of work -- you put a proposal together, talk to the team about it, and own it. And that also goes back to having a pioneering spirit.
Quality orientation. You rarely make mistakes because you have good processes in place to ensure that every last detail is correct. There’s hardly an error that gets past you -- even when you’re under pressure to complete something in a very short timeframe.
Did we pique your interest?
If this sounds like the kind of job you would love in the kind of environment you would thrive in, please drop us a line -- we’d love to hear from you!
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.
Want to learn more about Aptos? Visit Aptos's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Storage Infrastructure Product Manager
Box, Redwood City, CA
Product Manager, Dashboard
Liftoff, Palo Alto
Experience Researcher, Software Developer Experience
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Senior Full-stack Developer (node, react, firebase)
Technical Product Manager - Real Time Payments (REF18132T) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Digital Product Designer – Interaction Design
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany