Senior Application Developer
Aptos, United Kingdom - Marlow, Buckinghamshire
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
A quick snapshot…
- Take work assignments from Head of Product Development or Product Owner
- Work as part of Scrum/Agile Team
- Work with other members and departments
- Analysis and design (primarily related to new functionality and platform enhancements)
- Get involved with existing product code with analysis, design and maintenance when required
- Active involvement in platform technology and architectural choices
- Review other team member’s specifications as part of approval process
- QA other team member’s code
- Acquire/ maintain an understanding of business processes pertinent to the software. e. how retailers
- Be actively involved in the design of new features, platform architecture and strategic technology choices.
- Improve the Aptos Commerce Platform
- Features and functionality
- Usability for clients and for other developers
- Demonstrate collaborative working within and outside department
- Actively follow the published company values
Here’s what skills you’ll need…
- Minimum 3-4 years working with J2EE applications as a developer using:
- REST API
- Web services and SOA
- EJB 2/3
- MVC framework
- Common design patterns
- Can do attitude, proactive and collaborative working
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Able to write functional specifications
Here’s what will give you an edge…
- Familiarity with PCI and OWASP
- Lucene/ Solr
- Stored procedures, triggers, views
- MYSQL 5
- Ecommerce (advantage)
Did we pique your interest?
If this sounds like the kind of job you would love in the kind of environment you would thrive in, please drop us a line -- we’d love to hear from you!
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.