Director, North American Client Care
Aptos, Canada - Montreal, Quebec
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
A quick snapshot….
The Director of North America Client Care has the primary objective of driving the vision for consistency in customer support standards. The Director of North America Client Care is accountable for delivering the business’s customer support propositions in order to drive the overall performance of the department. This position will lead a large customer support team, and will create a dynamic relationship between Aptos, its customers, employees and our partners. Reporting to the VP of Customer Experience, you will play a critical role in helping Aptos scale its growth.
Why it’s a big deal…
The Director of North America Client Care balances customer support strategy with delivery and champions for people management & performance management, enabling excellence in customer support delivery, upholding a consumer-centric focus and mind-set of surpassing departmental expectations. The Director of North America Client Care oversees cost effectiveness, productivity, and the provision of customer support procedures that nurture continuous improvement.
More of what you’ll be doing..
- Lead and inspire a loyal and committed North American team (Primarily in Montreal) as a collaborative leader who engages others (approximately 100 colleagues, 5 direct reports)
- Act as an influential and subject matter expert as a member of the Customer Experience leadership team
- Measure, monitor, and maintain compliance with client committed service levels. Where challenges exist, develop and execute plans to achieve these service levels.
- Responsible for customer escalation management and process
- Caring for technical customer escalations and partnering with Development, Operations, other Customer Operations teams to resolve difficult issues
- Work closely with Sales, Professional Services, Development and IT/Operations teams to support existing customers and support revenue growth in the future
- Driving a knowledge centered culture that reduces demand for labor through introduction of self service and automation
- Identifying and resolving underlying issues; monitoring customer response times, end-user experience, identifying root cause issues and acting quickly to resolve these issues
- Act as a change agent to identify areas for operational efficiency and continuous improvement
- Building strong customer relationships with key clients
- Drive and deliver on committed timelines/results for ongoing strategic and operational initiatives
- 20%+ domestic and some international travel to Aptos office’s, partner locations as well as client visits
More of what we’re looking for…
- Customer-Centric mind state at the core
- A technology leader who has played or is currently playing a similar role in a complex global organization
- Experience in working with and leveraging a relationship with a 3rd party provider (BPO) within Manila or other APAC countries
- Ability to function in a high pressure environment that requires executive updates, client updates and multiple internal priorities
- Must possess strong communication/presentation skills to effectively and professionally communicate with your team and clients alike
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, circumstances and direction
- People Management experience and interest in growing talent as a mentor
- Retail Software expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related discipline.. MBA preferred. Technical certifications a plus
Did we pique your interest?
If this sounds like the kind of job you would love in the kind of environment you would thrive in, please drop us a line -- we’d love to hear from you!
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.