Principal Software Architect
Aptos, Canada - Montreal, Quebec or United States - Atlanta, Georgia
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
The Principal Software Architect is responsible for driving architectural decisions and design of a strategic Aptos product. This person will report to the Chief Architect and will additionally help develop a common model for tying together the Aptos suite of products and provide models for delivering new functionality to our customers.
The primary focus of the role will be in taking ownership of architectural direction for an order management application going from .NET n-tier to a Microservices Node.JS platform
- Ensure order management application architecture is aligned with next generation platform architecture
- Work closely with Product Management, set technical product roadmap, definition and direction
- Coordinate with product development teams to deliver highly usable application interoperation designs
- Collaborate with team members (architecture team, implementation services, developers and customers) throughout the product development lifecycle
- Researching and staying up to date on design and technology trends
- Develop and grow development standards
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with API and Microservices
- Strong knowledge of API design principles and experience designing solutions as part of Microservices and event driven architectures for high-availability web applications
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience leading architecture design efforts for enterprise software products
- Proficiency with Cloud-native Architectures that utilize SaaS and PaaS cloud models
- Familiarity with .NET code
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data store technologies and polyglot persistence
- Strong knowledge of software operationalization, performance tuning, concurrency and modularization
- Previous experience with Enterprise Order Management systems or e-commerce systems
- Ability to readily learn and adapt to new technologies as well as drive the technology implementation of proposed solutions
- Demonstrated history of intellectual curiosity and learning agility; stays on the forefront of business and technology solutions
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker cloud deployments
- Demonstrated experience in test driven development and DevOps, CI/CD software engineering practices
- Strong understanding of application security standards and best practices
This is a direct hire position based in Atlanta / Buckhead or in Montreal. We have great benefits (insurance, 401(k)), fitness center in the building, company outings, an excellent culture and dynamic leadership team.
- Collaborative work environment with other folks who have a passion for retail and technology
- Dress code – casual work environment (t-shirts and jeans are okay!)
- Recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work!
Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing company where you can make an impact.
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.