Marketing Communications Specialist
Aptos, United States - Atlanta, Georgia
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
A quick snapshot…
As the Marketing Communications Specialist, you will focus on generating awareness for Aptos’ retail technology solutions across a variety of traditional and digital channels.
This role will support all areas of the Marketing Communications program with a heavy focus on content development for social media, public relations, case studies and thought leadership.
- Manage corporate social media platforms spanning all geographies. This will include setting social strategy in adherence with social media best practices, social content development, social posting and monitoring, employee advocacy and social tools administration.
- Support global public relations program, including development of press releases, bylines and other materials; and work closely with Aptos’ external PR agency.
- Interview SMEs, research topics and write accurate, on-brand and thought-provoking copy for a diverse set of materials including but not limited to blogs, case studies, emails and newsletters.
- Monitor and track Aptos brand mentions across all media, social media and related platforms and ensure the brand is reflected accurately.
- Publish content across digital platforms, including but not limited to website, blog and social media.
- Support internal communications and sales enablement (including email content drafting and intranet site management) as needed.
- Develop and report on criteria that measures the effectiveness of Aptos’ marketing communications.
- Effectively manage and administer the marketing communications budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of B2B technology marketing communications or copywriting experience.
- Retail industry expertise and/or previous experience at enterprise software/technology (SaaS) companies is strongly preferred.
- Must be an expert writer, editor and communicator that can turn basic topics or ideas into compelling stories.
- Extremely high attention to detail with exceptional grammar and spelling skills.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently as projects are assigned and comfortable uncovering expectations, goals and needs to complete each project without direct guidance.
- The ideal candidate will approach the technology space and our solution set with curiosity, and is comfortable understanding and writing about complex, sometimes technical, subject matter.
- Candidate must be comfortable collaborating with colleagues of varying levels including executives and possess a global mindset, appreciating the opportunity to work with colleagues across geographies and cultures.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues and/or assignments with time sensitive deadlines.
- Stay on top of industry news to inform editorial, blog and social media calendars.
- Ability to take feedback and revise work when necessary.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of tools for website content management, social media management, employee social advocacy and media monitoring.
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.