Senior Manager, Tax
Aptos, Canada - Montreal, Quebec
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
A quick snapshot….
We are looking for a strong global tax leader to manage tax functions, including tax accounting (provision), compliance, transfer pricing, indirect tax as well as special projects.
Why it’s a big deal...
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and experienced tax leader to head up the corporate tax team for a growing global organization. You will have exposure to the senior leadership team and will bring value to the business by applying your strong base understanding of corporate taxation.
Here’s what you’ll do…
- Take ownership of global income tax accounting, global transfer pricing and worldwide tax compliance processes.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of 3 tax specialists
- Manage the quarterly and annual tax accounting and reporting under ASC 740 and IAS 12, including preparing / reviewing worldwide tax provision, valuation allowance and deferred tax accounts.
- Develop and monitor global transfer pricing policies and agreements, ensuring proper documentation to meet compliance requirements.
- Oversee and effectively manage the global income tax withholding and reporting, provide income tax withholding advice to sales team.
- Prepare/review tax returns for the Canadian and US entities.
- Review tax returns for the UK entities.
- Oversee the income tax returns filing for the other international entities.
- Manage the e-Business credit calculation and application.
- Review sales, use and property tax reporting, GST/PST, VAT and other non-income tax issues.
- Oversee and effectively manage the process for the organization’s Canadian, US and UK R&D program and preparation of related returns.
- Prepare/review audit and notice responses to tax authorities.
- Continually monitor, track and report on the existing and proposed tax legislations and related changes that could impact the Company’s operations.
- Support merger and acquisition activities (including integration) of the companies.
- Provide cash tax estimates and effective tax rate forecasts to the Financial Planning & Analysis group for budgeting and forecasting purposes.
- Maintain relationships with third party tax consultants.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Here’s what skills you’ll need…
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and MST or equivalent preferred
- 7 or more years of public accounting and industry tax experience (experience in high-tech industry is an asset)
- Experience preparing worldwide tax provision and familiar with US and Canadian taxes (knowledge in UK tax is an asset)
- Experience with managing and preparing consolidated US and multi-state returns, and Canadian tax returns
- Hands-on experience with tax preparation software
- Experience with transfer pricing
- Ability to be detail orientated while seeing the big picture
- Strong accounting, analytical and tax technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively internally across the business as well as with auditors and third party consultants
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- M&A experience strongly preferred
Here’s what will give you an edge…
Passion. We know it when we see it. Passion is not saying how much you love what you do in your most excited voice. Passion is revealed in your truest self. It’s about what you’ve accomplished; how you want to grow; the ideas you have; your philosophies. It’s demonstrating through your words and your actions that you truly believe in what you do -- and where you work. That it matters to you. And that’s pretty cool.
Resourcefulness and application. At Aptos, we have a pioneering spirit -- when we have questions, we find answers; when we’re faced with challenges, we find solutions. We turn to a variety of resources, including our own colleagues, our professional network, the Internet, articles and books -- whatever helps us get the job done. But it’s not just about using a variety of resources to gain knowledge -- it’s also about applying that knowledge to other areas of the job or business where it might make sense.
Initiative. You don’t wait around for things to happen or for your manager to tell you what to do. You’re not only proactive about completing your own work, but when you sense the need to introduce a project that will benefit the team or the organization -- even if it’s outside your scope of work -- you put a proposal together, talk to the team about it, and own it. And that also goes back to having a pioneering spirit.
Quality orientation. You rarely make mistakes because you have good processes in place to ensure that every last detail is correct. There’s hardly an error that gets past you -- even when you’re under pressure to complete something in a very short timeframe.
Interested in learning more?
If this sounds like the kind of job you would love in the kind of environment you would thrive in, please drop us a line -- we’d love to hear from you!
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.