Information Security Administrator
Aptos, Canada - Montreal, Quebec or United States - Atlanta, Georgia
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
A quick snapshot….
Aptos is responsible for the management of over 200 million customer records and transactions for our clients. To support growth in the Company, the Information security team now needs to expand globally. The newly created role will be the first full time representative of the Information Security team in North America and as such you will be relied upon for many local processes as well as administrative capabilities for the team. You will be reporting into an EU based team (English speaking) and as a mission critical team member, you will assist the team goals of delivering governance not only for North America, but also globally.
Here’s what you’ll do…
- Provide assistance with 3rd party vendor assessment
- Internal and external vulnerability report collation (qualys, StackRox, monthly reports etc)
- Manage customer security FAQ
- Management of customer security questionnaires
- Coordinate projects as needed
- Assist with Risk assessment process
- Assist with security communications program and the development of training and awareness programs and material
- Assist with development and testing of Business Continuity Plans/Disaster Recovery plans
- Schedule, plan, conduct, document and follow up internal audits in North America
- Provide assistance with the management of the physical security of global offices
- Assistance with the annual review of security policy documents and creation of any new ones
Here’s what skills/experience you’ll need…
- 3+ years experience with information security role: Planning, management, and execution of internal audit, as well as remediation management
- Understanding of what security controls are and how they would be applied
- Determined - people only want to talk to security teams when it's too late - we constantly have to interrupt teams to do our work.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, we travel light and fight agile.
- Organised - no-one helps us do this, we have to be on the front foot and ready
- Great interpersonal skills - a knowledge of NLP helps!
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Top notch communication skills - both written and oral
- High energy, enthusiastic, quick learner
- Capable of dealing with a fast paced environment
- Able to work independently, but also have a collaborative work style
- Willingness to travel 10%
Here’s what will give you an edge…
- Bachelor level degree
- Security certifications are ideal (CISA, CISSP, CISM, QSA or similar)
- Working experience with one of the following compliance programs: PCI-DSS, SOC2 and ISO 27001
- IS auditor qualifications
Passion. We know it when we see it. Passion is not saying how much you love what you do in your most excited voice. Passion is revealed in your truest self. It’s about what you’ve accomplished; how you want to grow; the ideas you have; your philosophies. It’s demonstrating through your words and your actions that you truly believe in what you do -- and where you work. That it matters to you. And that’s pretty cool.
Resourcefulness and application. At Aptos, we have a pioneering spirit -- when we have questions, we find answers; when we’re faced with challenges, we find solutions. We turn to a variety of resources, including our own colleagues, our professional network, the Internet, articles and books -- whatever helps us get the job done. But it’s not just about using a variety of resources to gain knowledge -- it’s also about applying that knowledge to other areas of the job or business where it might make sense.
Initiative. You don’t wait around for things to happen or for your manager to tell you what to do. You’re not only proactive about completing your own work, but when you sense the need to introduce a project that will benefit the team or the organization -- even if it’s outside your scope of work -- you put a proposal together, talk to the team about it, and own it. And that also goes back to having a pioneering spirit.
Quality orientation. You rarely make mistakes because you have good processes in place to ensure that every last detail is correct. There’s hardly an error that gets past you -- even when you’re under pressure to complete something in a very short timeframe.
Interested in learning more?
If this sounds like the kind of job you would love in the kind of environment you would thrive in, please drop us a line -- we’d love to hear from you!
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.