Solution Consultant PLM
Aptos, Germany - Remote
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
A quick snapshot….
As an Aptos Solution Consultant, you’ll engage with customers and prospects to build relationships to gain deeper insight into the customer’s business needs. With that knowledge, you’ll provide key input to the Sales team with the objective of maximizing software sales predominantly in the EMEA market, but covering both APAC and the Americas as required, as well as being seen as a consultant to the retailer or prospect.
Here’s what you’ll do...
- Lead the discovery process and then organize/communicate the information gained and provide assessment on the opportunities qualification
- Understand ins and outs of retail operations and prepare demonstrations tailored to customer business requirements
- Evaluate system requirements and prepare RFPs, RFIs and proposals in relation to the application content
- Customize and conduct Aptos product suite demos to all levels of an organization
- Provide business expertise in such processes as Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Supply Chain Management (SCM)
- Consult and guide discussions for how these 2 solutions would interact with the other core Merchandise Management Lifecycle (MLM) solutions
- Act as a technical resource and liaison between the sales team and the customer
- Propose optimal solutions based on client needs
- Collaborate with team members and provide key input the Sales team
- Mentor junior level Solution Consultants
- Prepare for and attend sales conferences, trade shows and sales meetings
- Keep abreast of industry best practices
- Interact with internal departments to define market and product roadmaps
- Act and an SME on product to team and other departments
- Coordinate information gathered post-demo to the Sales Executive and Services Team
- Successful account transitioning to the Professional Services staff
Here’s what skills you’ll need...
- In-depth understanding of multiple retail solutions in the MLM landscape
- Understanding of apparel and specialty retailing
- Strong listening skills that foster connection with your audience
- Expert relationship cultivator with experience in providing solution management
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience with MS Office tools including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Google Apps
- Self-motivated and proven ability to self-learn through on the job training
Here’s what will give you an edge…
- Associates Degree (or higher) preferred
- 5-7+ years of Retail experience
- Good knowledge for retail merchandise planning processes beyond PLM and SCM
- Experience with Salesforce
- Great sense of humor as well a sincere demeanor
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Assertive and high energy level
- Ability to work well in a Team selling environment
Quality orientation. You rarely make mistakes because you have good processes in place to ensure that every last detail is correct. There’s hardly an error that gets past you -- even when you’re under pressure to complete something in a very short timeframe.
Ability to travel. This role will be expected to travel up to 50%.
Passion. We know it when we see it. Passion is not saying how much you love what you do in your most excited voice. Passion is revealed in your truest self. It’s about what you’ve accomplished; how you want to grow; the ideas you have; your philosophies. It’s demonstrating through your words and your actions that you truly believe in what you do -- and where you work. That it matters to you. And that’s pretty cool.
Resourcefulness and application. At Aptos, we have a pioneering spirit -- when we have questions, we find answers; when we’re faced with challenges, we find solutions. We turn to a variety of resources, including our own colleagues, our professional network, the Internet, articles and books -- whatever helps us get the job done. But it’s not just about using a variety of resources to gain knowledge -- it’s also about applying that knowledge to other areas of the job or business where it might make sense.
Initiative. You don’t wait around for things to happen or for your manager to tell you what to do. You’re not only proactive about completing your own work, but when you sense the need to introduce a project that will benefit the team or the organization -- even if it’s outside your scope of work -- you put a proposal together, talk to the team about it, and own it. And that also goes back to having a pioneering spirit.
Did we pique your interest?
If this sounds like the kind of job you would love in the kind of environment you would thrive in, please drop us a line -- we’d love to hear from you!
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.
Want to learn more about Aptos? Visit Aptos's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.