Cyber Security Engineer / Analyst - Cloud Operations
Aptos, Canada - Montreal, Quebec
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
A quick snapshot…
Aptos develops and maintains retail software for around 1000 global brands. To support growth in the Company, the Information security team now needs to expand globally. This is a newly created role and you will be relied upon for many local processes as well as administrative capabilities for the team.
Here’s what you’ll do…
- Assist infrastructure teams and the SOC (MSSP) with both patching in house and creation of playbooks for incident response and remediation
- Analyze vulnerability data and work with relevant stakeholders to prioritize and remediate identified vulnerabilities
- Container vulnerability management - compliance tooling (familiarity with compliance tools especially StackRox a real bonus). Ensure compliance rules are deployed and enforced by both DevOps/Ops
- CIS policy hardening benchmark management - with Infrastructure and Professional Services teams
- Work with infrastructure teams to ensure vulnerability management and logging tools are fully deployed
- Validate asset inventories
- Support day to day operations & management of security solutions
- Fine tune queries to extract maximum value from existing tool set
- Organization and (or) management of penetration testing across the organization
- Assist with Purple teaming
- Evaluate as-is systems controls to help identify security posture & performance improvement opportunities
- Interaction with password management tools to ensure minimum privileges yet availability is consistent with agreed scope.
- Risk assessment to understand, quantify, prioritize and mitigate risk
- Data classification and tagging, implementing a new DLP/CASB/SASE solution
- Assistance with 3rd party vendor assessment
- Assist with security communications program and the development of training and awareness programs
- Assist with development and testing of BCP/DR plans
- Reporting of project/BAU status to management
- Responding on a rota basis to 24 hour security incidents
Here’s what will give you an edge…
- Determined - people only want to talk to security teams when it's too late - we constantly have to interrupt teams to do our work.
- Team - we mean it
- Self starter, self organizer, we travel light and fight agile.
- Organized - no-one helps us do this, we have to be on the front foot and ready
- Great interpersonal skills - a knowledge of NLP helps!
- Ability to explain technical items in a non technical way
- Negotiating skills
- Cyber security skills & experience coming from an IT & security infrastructure engineering background.
Passion. We know it when we see it. Passion is not saying how much you love what you do in your most excited voice. Passion is revealed in your truest self. It’s about what you’ve accomplished; how you want to grow; the ideas you have; your philosophies. It’s demonstrating through your words and your actions that you truly believe in what you do -- and where you work. That it matters to you. And that’s pretty cool.
Resourcefulness and application. At Aptos, we have a pioneering spirit -- when we have questions, we find answers; when we’re faced with challenges, we find solutions. We turn to a variety of resources, including our own colleagues, our professional network, the Internet, articles and books -- whatever helps us get the job done. But it’s not just about using a variety of resources to gain knowledge -- it’s also about applying that knowledge to other areas of the job or business where it might make sense.
Initiative. You don’t wait around for things to happen or for your manager to tell you what to do. You’re not only proactive about completing your own work, but when you sense the need to introduce a project that will benefit the team or the organization -- even if it’s outside your scope of work -- you put a proposal together, talk to the team about it, and own it. And that also goes back to having a pioneering spirit.
Did we pique your interest?
If this sounds like the kind of job you would love in the kind of environment you would thrive in, please drop us a line -- we’d love to hear from you!
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.
Want to learn more about Aptos? Visit Aptos's website.
The best bed for better sleep