SDLC Leader - Information Security Development
Aptos, United States - Atlanta, Georgia
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
Aptos develops and maintains retail software for around 1000 global brands. To support growth in the Company, the Information security team now needs representation and specific governance project work to investigate, agree, implement and establish a fully operational SDLC globally. This is a newly created role and you will be relied upon for many local processes as well as administrative capabilities for the area. The development team operates under an agile methodology.
Here’s what you’ll do…
- Build, with agreement with senior stakeholders and deploy, an overall project to implement an SDLC for global development in conjunction with input from the product development team
- Validate asset/code inventories and owners
- Work with development teams to ensure local arrangements are established, implemented and maintained.
- Interface with professional services teams to ensure the same.
- Chair governance reviews with teams and senior managers to establish training needs, priorities, and address exceptions.
- Audit processes to ensure compliance/effectiveness
- Work with the IS team to respond to client’s queries (formal and informal)
- Organization and (or) management of penetration testing across the organization (with the Application Security Manager)
- Demonstrate the leadership and maturity required to ensure only code free of security defects is deployed
- Familiarity with container based applications
- Contribute to team's ability to understand, quantify, prioritize and mitigate risk
- Risk assessment of legacy code defects and management of remediation
- Assist with application security training program and the development of more general training and awareness programs
- Prepare for and conduct/assist with internal and external audits
- Assist with development and testing of BCP/DR plans
Here’s what will give you an edge…
- Determined - people only want to talk to governance / security teams when it's too late - we constantly have to interrupt teams to do our work.
- Team - we mean it
- Self-starter, self organizer, we travel light and fight agile.
- Organized - no-one helps us do this, we have to be on the front foot and ready
- Great interpersonal skills - a knowledge of NLP helps!
- Ability to explain technical items in a non-technical way
- Negotiating skills
- Project management skills / qualifications
- A wider set of Cyber security skills & experience within a software house
- Experience of working in an agile development organization
Passion. We know it when we see it. Passion is not saying how much you love what you do in your most excited voice. Passion is revealed in your truest self. It’s about what you’ve accomplished; how you want to grow; the ideas you have; your philosophies. It’s demonstrating through your words and your actions that you truly believe in what you do -- and where you work. That it matters to you. And that’s pretty cool.
Resourcefulness and application. At Aptos, we have a pioneering spirit -- when we have questions, we find answers; when we’re faced with challenges, we find solutions. We turn to a variety of resources, including our own colleagues, our professional network, the Internet, articles and books -- whatever helps us get the job done. But it’s not just about using a variety of resources to gain knowledge -- it’s also about applying that knowledge to other areas of the job or business where it might make sense.
Initiative. You don’t wait around for things to happen or for your manager to tell you what to do. You’re not only proactive about completing your own work, but when you sense the need to introduce a project that will benefit the team or the organization -- even if it’s outside your scope of work -- you put a proposal together, talk to the team about it, and own it. And that also goes back to having a pioneering spirit.
Did we pique your interest?
If this sounds like the kind of job you would love in the kind of environment you would thrive in, please drop us a line -- we’d love to hear from you!
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.
Want to learn more about Aptos? Visit Aptos's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos