Aptos, Italy - Milano
Engaging customers differently… no matter when, where or how they shop.
A quick snapshot….
The Business Analyst role is to provide high quality functional and technical consultancy to Aptos clients across multiple product groups in the area of Merchandise and Supply Chain Management.
Why it’s a big deal…
This is a key role that interfaces directly with Aptos’ clients to provide software solution that are vital to their operating efficiency. Engaging our clients differently is more than just a tag line – it’s part of everyday life for our professional support teams! Our retail partners depend on us for high performing software solutions.
Are you the person we are looking for?
Attitude in model and designing business application. Your proven ability to analyze and apply logical thinking to design business application is fundamental to success in this role. You can easily understand and design how systems interact/integrate with each other and as well as how changes in one application will affect others. Be prepared to share your experiences -- we’re looking forward to hearing them!
Expert relationship builder and customer service enthusiast. It’s important that you genuinely enjoy building relationships. It’s not enough to simply be nice to others and enjoy working with others –the right person will be truly interested in getting to know our clients and their business, in an effort to provide the highest level of service and support.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills. You’re not just comfortable engaging in collaborative discussions, but initiating them, too. You are skilled at reading and adapting to different communication styles. When you speak you are clear and concise. Your strong listening skills foster connection with our clients and allows you to accurately collect the right information so you can resolve issues in the most expedient way.
Here’s what will give you an edge…
Good understanding of the retail operations. a good understanding of retail operations and technical background is the #1 indicator of success in this role. Having worked in the retail industry or bringing your past experience supporting retail head office software will definitely allow you to hit the ground running.
Education & Skills.
- Scientific/technical degree in Management Engineering or Computer Science.
- Excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer and analysis skills and exposure to Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft Analysis services
- Knowledge of Fashion/Apparel and Retail business processes and industry business issues, at a strategic and operational level.
- Track record in Consultancy within the IT / Merchandising / Supply Chain planning
- Knowledge of enterprise business applications
- Experience in Supply Chain Management systems and tools implementation (e.g Demand Management and Operation Planning Areas)
- Knowledge of main ERP Software modules (e.g. SAP APO-DP-PP, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle )
- Previous business and implementation experience
The responsibilities includes the following:
- Definition of business procedures working in close cooperation with customer business experts
- leading a team of people responsible for the technical design and delivery of customer specific solutions.
- Collecting, understanding, and communicate the business requirements for the project, and translating these into functional specifications.
- defining the software architecture and configuration requirements to suit the required business processes.
- Assist in the preparation of user and execute system test plans
- Support knowledge transfer to other project team members and support organization and performance of tests.
Passion. We know it when we see it. Passion is not saying how much you love what you do in your most excited voice. Passion is revealed in your truest self. It’s about what you’ve accomplished; how you want to grow; the ideas you have; your philosophies. It’s demonstrating through your words and your actions that you truly believe in what you do -- and where you work. That it matters to you. And that’s pretty cool.
Resourcefulness and application. At Aptos, we have a pioneering spirit -- when we have questions, we find answers; when we’re faced with challenges, we find solutions. We turn to a variety of resources, including our own colleagues, our professional network, the Internet, articles and books -- whatever helps us get the job done. But it’s not just about using a variety of resources to gain knowledge -- it’s also about applying that knowledge to other areas of the job or business where it might make sense.
Initiative. You don’t wait around for things to happen or for your manager to tell you what to do. You’re not only proactive about completing your own work, but when you sense the need to introduce a project that will benefit the team or the organization -- even if it’s outside your scope of work -- you put a proposal together, talk to the team about it, and own it. And that also goes back to having a pioneering spirit.
Aptos drives growth for more than 1,000 leading retail brands with a pioneering spirit, authenticity, and a strong sense of community. We believe in doing things the right way, and we back it up. It’s that simple. You’re committed to advancing your business—to achieving higher goals and sustaining growth. We share that commitment, unconditionally. To fulfil it, we’ll work with you not just as providers but as fully engaged long-term partners. So while our technology matters, along with our services, experience and expertise, so do our values. Values determine not just what gets decided and done but how. They can make or break how confident and comfortable you are in working with our teams. That’s why we’re very clear about our values. And why the ones that underpin our relationship with you are the same ones that are actively reinforced in our workplace, day in and day out. Our values define our corporate culture. They drive performance. And they ensure that we always work together in the right way: with a pioneering spirit, a sense of community, and authenticity. It’s The Aptos Way.
Want to learn more about Aptos? Visit Aptos's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.