Senior Director of Energy and Facilities Services
Aquicore, Washington, DC
Aquicore is Empowering the Connected Environments of Tomorrow
- Lead a growing team of HVAC and Controls experts in creating a consistent and repeatable process of delivering high-quality diagnostics and recommended resolutions to client facility and controls processes.
- Work actively with the Product Development team to develop and test new analytics and value-creating recommendations that can be deployed across the entire fleet of buildings remotely monitored by Aquicore.
- Execute building commissioning and retro-commissioning tasks, and will provide general support on all commissioning services provided by team members on a large variety of commercial building projects including retail, restaurant, sports, education and healthcare.
- Work together with our Data Science team to create standard impact calculations that use and interpret data gathered from Aquicore sensor and software technology for energy conservation measures (ECMs) at large commercial facilities.
- Listen to clients and review & discuss their facility operations and help perform energy savings calculations.
- Supports customer success teams by helping them interpret customer data into clear and concise stories, along with product team by reporting back as to how our software and algorithms can continue to advance.
- Support and participate in sales presentations to help convey Aquicore’s subject matter expertise and strengths.
- This position will require some travel to client sites (~25%)
- 10+ years of direct experience in using a variety of building automation systems, including installing, configuring, programming, calibrating, validating, and networking BAS devices, HVAC controls and Energy Metering.
- Knowledge of the design of mechanical and electrical systems for commercial, institutional as they related to commissioning
- Must be knowledgeable and have direct expertise with the use of remote site telemetry monitoring technologies.
- Experience managing & organizing other engineering teams. Helping them manage their day-to-day work, and work with them regularly to obtain their company and career goals.
- Strong technical application and knowledge of heating systems, cooling systems, and domestic water systems and product knowledge of control systems, pumps, chillers, boilers and heat exchangers.
- Experience in the design and implementation of end-to-end building automation hardware and software solutions including controller selection and layout, sensor selection and layout, network architecture, detailed articulation of sequences of operations, and BAS scope of work documentation.
- Ability to clearly explain the impact, value, and steps required to execute complex technical concepts to non-technical colleagues and real estate executives.
- Advanced understanding of Performance Contracting.
- Knowledge of industry standard building simulation software such as eQUEST or Trace
- Professional Engineer license (preferred)
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) (preferred)
- Preference for LEED accreditations
Aquicore offers smart metering and software for utilities in commercial and high-end residential spaces. We deliver energy analytics and automation in a user-friendly package to help our clients realize their financial and sustainability goals. Building owners, managers, engineers, and sustainability teams rely on Aquicore for the intelligence that they need to operate more efficiently and effectively. Our portfolio solution deploys in just weeks and offers the flexibility and scalability needed for every use case. Our clients save money, reduce waste, increase tenant satisfaction, and contribute to a better world. Founded in 2013, Aquicore works with major brands across the country, including Salesforce, Facebook, Under Armour, MRP Realty, and Douglas Development.