- Create the product’s subsystems and key components by applying up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering to define, design and create world-class implementations.
- Collaborate with other senior engineers to improve the overall system at the architectural, design, and implementation levels.
- Design and implement new features for our cloud based email gateway solution that empowers Fortune 1000 customers
- Design and implement forward-looking portions of the system to execute a long-term product vision.
- Work with large scale data systems in both online/streaming and offline/batch fashions.
- Design and implement revisions to areas of the system to enhance key features such as performance, reliability, scalability, or add new functionality.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience designing and implementing software systems.
- Advanced ability to design and implement software systems in Java and C++.
- Someone who enjoys security work focused on email detections that identify and protect our users.
- Software development expert who specializes in big data analysis and the design and construction of large-scale multi-tier systems using open-source technologies.
- Significant experience in security, cryptography, malware analysis, data analysis, high-reliability clusters, statistics.
- Recent development or architectural leadership experience with large-scale data systems, streaming analytics, Hadoop and/or Spark is a plus.
- Experience with SMTP and Postfix are a plus.
- Detailed understanding of object-oriented design practices.
- Experience with continuous delivery environments and agile methodologies is a plus.
- Track record of mentoring engineering team members.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Annual performance reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Partially Funded Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Open vacation policy and 12 corporate holidays.
- Stay healthy with our fully funded One Medical membership for you and your dependents.
- 401k plan.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- Anniversary and performance awards.
- Fun events for employees, friends, and family!
About Area 1 Security
We’re a performance-based cybersecurity company, changing how businesses protect against phishing attacks. At Area 1 Security, we’re accountable to you: that means we believe you should pay only for cybersecurity that works. If it doesn’t protect you, why invest in it? Our anti-phishing solution stops the attacks that cause nearly all the damage—that dangerous one percent that other solutions miss. Because we’re confident in our superior capability to protect customers, we’re setting a new standard in the industry: unprecedented, performance-based protection. Plus, since our solution is cloud-based, you can be protected within minutes of signing up.
Want to learn more about Area 1 Security? Visit Area 1 Security's website.
File hosting service