Customer Solutions Engineer
Astranis, Multiple Locations
Building the future of telecommunications satellites.
- Manage the end-to-end customer response process: join commercial team to customer meetings and collect customer requirements for the design of a satellite network, issue the customer ticket in the system, design the solution supported by the payload team and supported by other engineering teams, put together the customer response deck, and support the commercial team in presenting the solution to the customer
- Work with the commercial team to develop and maintain trusting and collaborative customer technical relationships, both internally and externally, to reflect Astranis’s operational and technical excellence
- Work with all levels of customers to help the business development team identify customer needs and both technical and financial drivers
- In collaboration with the payload team, perform link budgets and communications system design (satellite and terrestrial) and feasibility analysis
- Participate in customer response team efforts to develop teleport and gateway solutions
- Develop relationships with teleports and gateways and support new gateway designs including fiber access
- Understand costing of solutions (hub, gateway, fiber access, user terminals, space segment) and perform cost analysis
- Achieve desired capacity optimizations at minimum cost and effort to Astranis and maximum benefit to customers
- Represent Astranis at technical- and business-oriented customer meeting, and industry conferences
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or a similar discipline with at least three years of recent, relevant experience including significant experience in satellite systems or satellite networks (space and/or ground segment). An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Solid understanding and systems levels knowledge in satellite communications and payload
- Knowledge of and ability to create accurate link budgets.
- Knowledge of satellite ground operations, gateways, teleports, fiber providers
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, up to 30%. (Travel restrictions are likely to reduce travel opportunities in the near term.)
- Effective English language Communication skills, both written and oral.
- Desire and ability to make optimal decisions and come up with creative solutions while collaborating with diverse internal and external customers under tight timelines.
- Experience with Jira
- Knowledge of the main market segments / verticals served by satellite data communications: cell backhaul, trunking, VSAT, maritime, aero
- Knowledge and/or experience of cellular technologies including 3G, 4G LTE, 5G, mmWave, performance SLA’s (latency, jitter, availability), etc.
- An understanding of inter-network connectivity solutions and technologies
- Multilingual capabilities
- Government and video broadcasting experience
- Advanced knowledge of digital network communications and RF signal theory; digital satellite network architectures and IP networking
We are taking on one of humanity's most important challenges.
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that.
We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Join us and work with top engineers who have flown things in space before.
We are a well-funded team that moves fast.
Want to learn more about Astranis? Visit Astranis's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.