Astranis, San Francisco, CA
Building the future of telecommunications satellites.
- Design signal processing for custom software defined radio hardware (ex. channelization, equalization, PA linearization, gain control, carrier synchronization, symbol mapping, framing, channel coding/FEC, etc)
- Work closely with FPGA developers to implement and test the signal processing on radio hardware
- Model the end-to-end radio system from earth to space, and back.
- Drive radio architecture trade studies, run link budgets, optimize the radio system for maximum performance for dozens of markets and use cases around the world
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- A passion for working in a fast-paced environment and constantly learning
- Strong fundamentals in "signals and systems" (basic transforms, filters, aliasing, analysis in both continuous and discrete domains, interpolation, decimation, etc)
- Strong fundamentals in digital communications (modulation, coding, synchronization, fading, doppler, multiple access, channel capacity, etc)
- Familiar with software development (some experience writing software for DSP, MCU, and/or FPGA, experience in one or more scripting languages)
- Familiar with analog concepts (amplifiers, analog filters, gain and delay variation, reflections, compression, etc)
- Experience working with signal generator, signal analyzer, network analyzer, oscilloscope, etc
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- MS or PhD in a signal processing field (digital communications, image processing, audio processing, ML/AI, etc)
- 3 years experience working on software defined radios or modem ASICs
- Experience with Python
- Experience with GNU Radio
- Experience with radio test planning, automation and execution
- Experience with multi-rate signal processing techniques (polyphase filter banks, resampling techniques)
- Experience with RTL development
- Experience with fixed point implementation (managing precision, quantization noise, underflow, overflow, unit testing, etc)
- Experience with PA linearization
- Experience with multi-antenna systems (beamforming, MIMO)
- Experience with DVB-S2/x, DVB-RCS2 standards
- Experience with Satellite radio systems (ground segment and/or space segment)
We are taking on one of humanity's most important challenges.
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that.
We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Join us and work with top engineers who have flown things in space before.
We are a well-funded team that moves fast.
Want to learn more about Astranis? Visit Astranis's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Rendering Programmer
Relic Entertainment, Vancouver, BC