Astranis, San Francisco, CA
Building the future of telecommunications satellites.
- Work with a small team of signal processing/communications engineers to develop and implement various radio functions (filtering, gain control, frequency tracking, digital upconversion/downconversion, linearization, timing and phase recovery, equalization, FEC, symbol mapping/demapping, framing, etc )
- Develop and maintain an end-to-end simulation of the entire radio system in Python
- Work closely with FPGA developers to implement, test and debug all signal processing modules
- Design spectrum diagnostics tool to support monitoring and debugging of the radio on orbit
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Strong fundamentals in "signals and systems" (basic transforms, aliasing, analysis in both continuous and discrete domains, interpolation, decimation, etc)
- Experience with digital communication theory, simulation, implementation and debugging (modulation, coding)
- Experience with testing and debugging radio hardware (signal generator, signal analyzer, network analyzer, oscilloscope)
- Strong RF fundamentals (amplifiers, antennas, analog filters, gain and delay variation, reflections, compression, etc)
- Strong software/firmware fundamentals (experience writing firmware for DSP/MCU/FPGA, scripting, developing simulations, etc)
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- MS or PhD in a signal processing field (digital communications, image processing, audio processing, ML/AI, etc)
- 3 years experience working on software defined radios or modem ASICs
- Experience with Python
- Experience with GNU Radio
- Experience with radio test planning, automation and execution
- Experience with multi-rate signal processing techniques (polyphase filter banks, resampling techniques)
- Experience with RTL development (and/or embedded C)
- Experience with fixed point implementation (managing precision, quantization noise, underflow, overflow, unit testing, etc)
- Experience with PA linearization
- Experience with multi-antenna systems (beamforming, MIMO)
- Experience with DVB-S2/x, DVB-RCS2 standards
- Experience with Satellite radio systems (ground segment and/or space segment)
We are taking on one of humanity's most important challenges.
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that.
We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Join us and work with top engineers who have flown things in space before.
We are a well-funded team that moves fast.
Want to learn more about Astranis? Visit Astranis's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Level Designer
PlayStation, Santa Monica Studio
Machine Learning Engineer - FR
Liftoff, Paris, France
Software Development Engineer in Test ($140k - $180k)
Blue Owl, San Francisco, CA
Back End Engineer
United Technologies Digital, New York
Staff Software Engineer – Site Reliability and Production Support
Visa, Bellevue WA, US
Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Architect (EMEA)