Senior Mechanical Engineer
Astranis, San Francisco, CA
Building the future of telecommunications satellites.
- Complete ownership of product outcomes for spaceflight hardware
- Develop requirements for subsystems and components including loads, interfaces, and functional requirements
- Perform mechanical design and analysis of complex assemblies to satisfy launch and on-orbit requirements
- Develop and define design best practices for future programs
- Manage system level schedule and integration requirements for your subsystems while working closely with the Assembly, Integration, and Test team to enable a smooth build process
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring additional teammates to our rapidly-growing team.
- B.S. or M.S in mechanical, aerospace engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience
- Strong CAD design (Solidworks) and Finite Element analysis (Femap, Ansys) skills
- Experience with GD&T and designing for manufacturability
- Demonstrated ability to personally design, analyze, and procure complex mechanical assemblies with 30-40 components in aerospace or similar
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment with hands-on design and development
- A motivated leader who has experience mentoring junior engineers
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria.
- Experience with defining vibration environments and running mechanical testing on spacecraft and spacecraft components
- Experience running a development program while delegating to a small team
- Experience in synthesizing requirements and flowing them down to sub-scale verification builds and testing
We are taking on one of humanity's most important challenges.
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that.
We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Join us and work with top engineers who have flown things in space before.
We are a well-funded team that moves fast.
Want to learn more about Astranis? Visit Astranis's website.
The social news and entertainment company.