Tooling Engineer - Assembly, Integration, and Test
Astranis, San Francisco, CA
Building the future of telecommunications satellites.
- Own the design and fabrication of fixtures and tooling required for spacecraft assembly and testing.
- Own the design and fabrication of fixtures used for lifting the spacecraft.
- Collaborate with engineering and production to define fixture and tooling specifications, qualification plans, and introduce to production.
- Perform mechanical analysis for spacecraft fixtures
- Develop operation and maintenance plans for all test fixtures and tooling
- Bachelor's of Science degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in mechanical design and fabrication of hardware
- Experience with 3D CAD
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-pace environment and hands-on design and development
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Strong sense of accountability, integrity, and team focus with extensive multitasking and organizational experience
- Creative, passionate problem solver that thrives in fast-paced, autonomously-drive, and demanding design and integration campaigns
- Experience designing ground support equipment for aerospace applications
We are taking on one of humanity's most important challenges.
Four billion people do not have access to the internet. Astranis is going to change that.
We are building the next generation of smaller, lower-cost telecommunications satellites to bring the world online.
Join us and work with top engineers who have flown things in space before.
We are a well-funded team that moves fast.
Want to learn more about Astranis? Visit Astranis's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.