Software Engineer, Platform Services
Atom Tickets, Santa Monica, CA
See jobs at Atom Tickets
- A Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in Software development.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals and software development best practices
- Strong Experience with AWS related technologies
- Strong proficiency in at least two programming languages like Java, Scala, Python, Go or NodeJS
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and performance tune applications
- Experience in building horizontally scalable, available and secure RESTful services in a Microservices environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment where continuous innovation is the norm
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary, despite challenges and obstacles
- Played part in delivering big-data or high-volume production systems
- This role does not include any sponsorship and that authorization to work in the US is a pre-condition to employment
Nice to have
- Experience with Play framework and Scala
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in startup environment
- Passion for technology, learning and movies
Here's what you'll do
- Architect, implement and maintain top quality software solutions, delivered on time and subjected to high volume of irregular and spiky traffic
- Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable
- Continually challenge what exists and explore what should be changed to best meet evolving business and market needs
- Become an effective member of an on-call rotation for services owned by the team
- Drive advanced algorithms and architecture design, execute and deliver technology innovation
- Continually improve our services and technology stack
About Atom Tickets
An award-winning startup based in Santa Monica, California, the heart of “Silicon Beach,” Atom Tickets changes the way people go to the movies with its revolutionary social movie ticketing app and website. Backed by major movie studios like Lionsgate, Disney, and Twentieth Century Fox Film and accepted at nearly 19,000 screens across the U.S. including AMC Theatres, Regal Cinemas, and Showcase Cinemas, Atom’s user-friendly and socially driven interface allows movie lovers to search for films instantly, invite friends, buy tickets, pre-order concessions and enjoy a VIP experience at the theater. The platform’s innovative marketing solutions and young, diverse user-base help studios, exhibitors and brands reach their target audience and maximize revenue opportunities. Bloomberg, The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and TechCrunch are just a few of the influential media outlets covering how Atom makes it easier than ever to go to the movies.
Want to learn more about Atom Tickets? Visit Atom Tickets's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.