Aura Frames, San Francisco
A smart frame that displays the best photos from your phone.
Aura is hiring an experienced iOS engineer to join the product team.
You will join our small mobile team, working closely with design and product, to improve, scale, and expand our iOS app to hundreds of thousands of happy customers. Our app is the primary touch point for our product, and is the key to delighting our customers.
Our iOS app is built on a hybrid of Swift and Objective-C code. We use some popular tools like Bitrise, Cocoapods, and AFNetworking. In addition to the user interface, we have developed a highly performant photo upload pipeline that runs in the foreground and in the background, so our users' photos can be classified quickly and easily. We also have a communication stack built on CoreBluetooth and the Wireless Accessory Configuration (WAC) protocol, to make managing our hardware device simple and intuitive for our users.
We're especially interested in someone who takes a strong customer-focused engineering approach. We believe that our customer's and their needs should be at the center of every technical decision, and are relentlessly focused on delivering the best possible product.
You'll report directly to the VP of Product & Engineering.
As a member of a small team, you'll be directly responsible for a large variety of highly-important projects. The team works in short sprints and values quick iteration, and close collaboration with design and other stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
- Own assigned projects from first line of code to release to production
- Develop new features, fix bugs, and make other improvements to our flagship iOS app
- Maintain and improve build systems, testing infrastructure, and QA processes
- Work on our Rails API as needed to support new app features
- Collaborate directly with designers to deliver beautiful and functional new features
- Participate in code review on GitHub
- Be responsible for your own weekly tasks through self-organization, communication, and time management
- Participate in daily standup meetings and others as necessary
We're looking for candidates that:
- Have at least 3 years of native iOS experience on an app with at least 10k MAU
- Have a deep familiarity with iOS technologies and trends
- Have experience building world-class UI on the iOS platform
- Are comfortable working in a small team and taking ownership over various aspects of the app
- Are focused on user experience and using metrics, research, and feedback to measure success
- Take a detail oriented approach to user interface, including comfort digging into design files from Sketch or Figma
- Work iteratively and think from the customer's perspective
- Are self-motivated and learns new skills quickly and constantly
- Can clearly communicate their decisions and present their work to management, engineering, and other stakeholders
All full-time positions include a generous salary and meaningful equity.
We also have the following benefits and perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance with premium covered 100% for employees
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly fitness and wellness reimbursement ($150)
- Daily lunch (we partner with a delivery service for lunch while working from home in 2021)
- $2k annual career development budget
- Cross-country travel (pending
- Off-site happy hours
This office is full-time in our San Francisco office (in the Mission). We are currently all working from home but anticipate a return to office life before the end of the year.
About Aura Frames
Aura is a smart frame that automatically displays the best photos from your phone.
Be a Better Aura Frames Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Aura Frames when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Aura Frames? Visit Aura Frames's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price