Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that tells you what matters and why to make you smarter, faster. We're hiring an editor for Axios Future!
Why it Matters: We are looking for a talented journalist to join our Future newsletter team. This person will have a demonstrated knowledge and curiosity over a broad topical range; this includes a capacity to dive into new subjects, quickly get up to speed, and report knowingly. A successful candidate will be hardworking, savvy and curious about the business, politics and technology that will influence future trends in the world.
Go Deeper: You'll be responsible for running the day-to-day aspects of the Future newsletter, including spotting subject matter, editing and writing stories. You will also break news for the Axios website.
The Details: Candidates must demonstrate the ability to spot trends in often-technical subjects such as technology, science, economics and demography, break news, and convey contextual meaning to the news of the day. Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and will have the following skills:
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail
- A passion for future coverage and trends
- Demonstrated management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience reporting or editing on a breaking news desk
- Extraordinarily collaborative mindset and ability to work closely and effectively with internal and external audiences
- Capacity to bring cutting-edge understanding of often-technical subject matter to a broad audience
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
About Axios Our mission We are a new media company delivering vital, trustworthy news and analysis in the most efficient, illuminating and shareable ways possible. We offer a mix of original and smartly narrated coverage of media trends, tech, business and politics with expertise, voice AND smart brevity — on a new and innovative mobile platform. At Axios — the Greek word for worthy — we provide only content worthy of people’s time, attention and trust.
Want to learn more about Axios? Visit Axios's website.
Jobs You May Like
Hypebeast, New York
Backstage Internship Program: Editorial Intern | Fall 2018
Backstage, Brooklyn, NY
Remote Auto Reconditioning Manager
Vroom, Fontana, CA
Senior Producer, Audio
Vox Media, New York
Intégrateur technologique - Profil électronique (Technology Integrator - Electronic Profile)
Moment Factory, Montréal