Quick take: Axios is dedicated to both providing trustworthy, award-winning news in an audience-first format, and most recently, helping companies reimagine their internal communications. Our People Ops team is the core to that work: we drive the growth of our org and protect a company culture and employee experience to retain our industries’ best talent.
Why it matters: Our people are our greatest asset, and the way an organization finds and recruits talent is reflective of who they are and the values they’ll uphold. We are looking for an experienced Talent Acquisition professional who has experience with and is passionate about building teams that go on to accomplish incredible things. Specifically, you’ll be supporting our newsroom by finding the right talent for our innovative products and editorial teams.
The Details: Our award-winning People Operations team is now supporting more than 250 Axions, and our next phase of growth will require a new Recruiter who is passionate about communicating the Axios mission, building a high-performing team of journalists, and delivering on our commitments to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion every step of the way. Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Background in talent acquisition or sales
- Solutions-oriented mindset and proactive attitude
- Strong sense of time management and attention to detail
- Growth mindset with an eagerness to give and receive thoughtful feedback
- Comfort in a growth-stage, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to building diverse teams, recognizing the collective power of teams whose members bring different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to the table
- Prior hiring experience at start-up or high-growth company is preferred
- Passionate about coaching and developing junior team members
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health and tele-mental health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
About Axios Our mission We are a new media company delivering vital, trustworthy news and analysis in the most efficient, illuminating and shareable ways possible. We offer a mix of original and smartly narrated coverage of media trends, tech, business and politics with expertise, voice AND smart brevity — on a new and innovative mobile platform. At Axios — the Greek word for worthy — we provide only content worthy of people’s time, attention and trust.
Want to learn more about Axios? Visit Axios's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid