Senior Director, Regulatory Affairs
Axoni, New York City
Distributed Ledger Specialists
Axoni is building the next generation of capital markets technology. Our solutions are used by the world’s leading banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and infrastructure providers. Our diverse team focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact.
We are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets. We are building a culture where our team feels valued and everyone is given an opportunity to grow and succeed. We try to live by our Core Values and demonstrate what we believe represent the kind of company we are working to build. These Values are: Delivery is everything; Choose Kindness; Be better every day.
About the role:
Axoni is seeking a Sr. Director, Regulatory Affairs to join our team. This new role is critical for our organization to interface with government regulators, lawmakers, clients, and attorneys to understand and establish policies. You will contribute to Axoni’s public representation as well as collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to help define product roadmaps and opportunities .
You will be the first hire for this team and will report directly into our CEO.
- Interface with regulators and lawmakers to increase understanding and establish policies for technologies, digital assets, and new markets
- Improve and/or establish internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Coordinate with clients and attorneys to implement market structure improvements and efficiencies
- Contribute to public communications regarding Axoni’s regulatory activity and represent the firm’s view on related matters in public forums
- Monitor external announcements to ensure the company is informed of the latest regulatory policies or advancements in capital markets and digital assets
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Business Development teams to define product roadmaps and explore new opportunities
- Enthusiastic about helping define the future of capital markets infrastructure and regulations
- A process improver who documents workflows that make it easier to identify gaps, duplication of work, and overall process deficiencies
- A person who enjoys identifying and implementing new systems and software that drive added value to the finance team and overall company
- A leader who develops an ongoing evolution of next generation reports, dashboards, analyses, processes and methodologies for assessing performance
- Extremely operationally minded - understands how to work across the organization and partner with department leads on establishing processes and procedures
- An executor who works across multiple project deadlines, while managing stakeholder expectations and maintaining high quality of output
- Law degree or equivalent professional qualification
- 10+ years experience in capital markets and regulation / policy
- Demonstrated experience working with financial regulators
- Deep understanding of capital markets infrastructure and market structure
- Exceptional communication skills and comfort working with external parties including regulators, the press, and public relations professionals, as well as comfort with public speaking
- Experience advising Product and Engineering teams to consider and operationalize policy considerations as part of their business roadmapsDesire to participate in industry working groups
- Enthusiasm to help define the future of capital markets infrastructure and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work as part of a collaborative environment
Individuals seeking employment at Axoni are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Axoni serves the world’s largest financial institutions and capital markets service providers with full stack blockchain solutions.
Want to learn more about Axoni? Visit Axoni's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies