Backstage, New York, NY
See jobs at Backstage
- Assign, produce, and art direct all photo shoots with A-list Hollywood and Broadway talent on a tight budget
- Project manage on-set resources to keep schedules running smoothly
- Own hands-on design of the cover, cover story and feature, including layout, photo selection, illustration assignment and all production work
- Supervise art director in front-of-book and back-of-book page design, photo research and illustration assignment to team of freelance artists
- Partner with production manager and editorial team to create schedules and assign workloads
- Oversee quality control and final production work on all pages; serve as last eyes on each issue as it goes to press.
- Work closely with copy editor to finalize pages prior to shipping each issue
- Collaborate with sales director to create presentations, update media kits as needed
- Self-directed multitasker accustomed to meeting tight deadlines
- Flexible; must be able to quickly change direction to meet last minute priorities
- Possess thorough knowledge of the print production process
- Exceptional project management skills
- Unflappable and calm in the presence of stressful situations and difficult personalities
- 7+ years of hands’ on editorial design experience for a print publication, preferably with a weekly magazine
- Portfolio with professional work samples
- Expert user of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator; highly skilled in Creative Suite
- Strong command of typography and page design
- Experience translating art from print to various digital platforms
- Animation program experience preferred
- Must be available for occasional weekend shoots
- Contact list of photographers with studios in Manhattan a plus!
- A love for the performing arts!
- Casual office space in Dumbo Brooklyn
- Collaborative work environment where you’ll learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and access to other local music events
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- The opportunity to work with talented leaders in their disciplines
- A company that works with you to learn, grow, and excel in your career
Our Story For over 50 years, Backstage has been the most trusted place for actors and performers to find jobs and career advice, and for casting professionals and talent seekers to find the right performers for their projects. Today, Backstage is the largest online casting platform in the United States, with over 4,000 roles posted every week, and over 100,000 members building their careers on the platform. Casting professionals can take advantage of sophisticated application management tools to make the job of finding the perfect performer a breeze. At Backstage, a team of casting experts review each casting notice posted to ensure the quality and legitimacy of the project, and to quickly reject any illegitimate listings. No other casting service takes the steps we do to protect performers. We take the safety and privacy of our members seriously, with the customer success team always available to respond to any questions or issues you may have on your journey as a performer.