Data and Business Insights Engineer
Backstage, New York, NY
See jobs at Backstage
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, other engineers, and product managers to define reporting requirements and design and develop operational reporting solutions and advanced analytics
- Build upon and improve our current Looker platform to give our business users deeper insight into their daily needs
- Develop and maintain reporting systems.
- Create operational reports for the business
- Assist mid-level users in the generation of their own reports
- Guide advanced users in crafting their own SQL
- Develop and maintain data processes and tools used for internal teams.
- Improve processes for extracting data, distributing results, and making decisions.
- Monitor and improve the reliability of the ETL infrastructure and data quality.
- Practice technical craftsmanship
- 5+ years software development experience
- Experience developing full life cycle information management projects.
- Some Python skills, specifically for data applications.
- Experienced with AWS platforms, specifically Redshift
- Ready to learn and grow in a culture of candid feedback and healthy debate.
- Deep understanding of various database structures, concepts, uses and practices
- Must be able to work in an agile environment with little supervision
- Self-directed, "get it done" attitude
- Must embody a passion for continuous improvement
- Experience with payments and specifically recurring payments industry experience
- Familiarity with web development, and/or RESTful APIs (we use Django)
- Experience with Pandas and other data processing tools / languages.
- Comfortable with common linux scripting languages, such as bash, awk and sed.
- Experience with our reporting UI: Looker
- Experience with our event collection system: Segment.io
Our Story For over 50 years, Backstage has been the most trusted place for actors and performers to find jobs and career advice, and for casting professionals and talent seekers to find the right performers for their projects. Today, Backstage is the largest online casting platform in the United States, with over 4,000 roles posted every week, and over 100,000 members building their careers on the platform. Casting professionals can take advantage of sophisticated application management tools to make the job of finding the perfect performer a breeze. At Backstage, a team of casting experts review each casting notice posted to ensure the quality and legitimacy of the project, and to quickly reject any illegitimate listings. No other casting service takes the steps we do to protect performers. We take the safety and privacy of our members seriously, with the customer success team always available to respond to any questions or issues you may have on your journey as a performer.
Want to learn more about Backstage? Visit Backstage's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one