Requirements and Responsibilities:
- 4+ years professional experience in a data engineering or equivalent role
- Strong proficiency in writing advanced SQL queries and leveraging core logic skills to transform data
- Experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) and familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience interpreting data from a variety sources from backend data to web engagement to third-party data
- Ability to communicate how data models should, and should not, be used for analytics
- Documenting processes and data structure for business users
- Solving your task at hand while maintaining an awareness on how you will repurpose and evolve your data models in the future
- Ensuring data stability with testing
- Building a DAG processes using dbt, Airflow or equivalent
- Optimizing large tables in Redshift and its Spectrum service
- Experience setting up data piping in Stitch and/or leveraging AWS Glue
- Familiarity with modern web-based businesses and an understanding of common metrics and measurement techniques, including A/B testing
Our Story For over 50 years, Backstage has been the most trusted place for actors and performers to find jobs and career advice, and for casting professionals and talent seekers to find the right performers for their projects. Today, Backstage is the largest online casting platform in the United States, with over 4,000 roles posted every week, and over 100,000 members building their careers on the platform. Casting professionals can take advantage of sophisticated application management tools to make the job of finding the perfect performer a breeze. At Backstage, a team of casting experts review each casting notice posted to ensure the quality and legitimacy of the project, and to quickly reject any illegitimate listings. No other casting service takes the steps we do to protect performers. We take the safety and privacy of our members seriously, with the customer success team always available to respond to any questions or issues you may have on your journey as a performer.
Want to learn more about Backstage? Visit Backstage's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.