As a digital product designer at BARK, you lead as an advocate for the user and push the boundaries in human-centered design. You approach each project holistically and obsess over the details beyond design. You will collaborate across disciplines and deliver creative and considered solutions through concepting, wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs.
- Lead the UX/UI of new features and updates across BARK properties.
- Translate complex ideas into visually elegant, user-friendly designs.
- Balance product and business goals through user-centric design solutions.
- Partner closely with Brand Design and Development to test, launch, and iterate projects—tracking impact throughout the process.
- Develop consistent UX/UI patterns, interactions and detailed documentation.
- Commit to continuously learn, inspire and push yourself/others to think beyond the obvious.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, ensuring the best holistic user experience.
- Play a key role in shaping the future of product design at BARK.
- 3+ years professional experience with web and/or mobile design.
- Fluent in Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- A portfolio showcasing your design and UX skills.
- A strong understanding of interaction design concepts.
- The ability to clearly communicate, prototype and document your design decisions.
- An excellent sense of typography, layout, and general design principles.
- Someone who is meticulous, but able to iterate quickly.
- A self-starter attitude; an ambitious person that seeks new challenges.
- Humility, thoughtfulness and a fine sense of humor. This is important.
- You have a dog and are obsessed with making dogs happy and healthy.
- An understanding/background in development.
- Previous experience in start-up environments.
- Product experience with native mobile and web applications.
- Your Instagram feed is all dogs all the time.
We're dog people. Crazy dog people. BARK (that's us) launched in 2012 with BarkBox, our monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 40 million of our favorite things to the dogs in our pack, and we've used that accumulated expertise to create our own products, experiences, and content.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people, crazy dog people, believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit https://www.barkbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Product and Service Excellence
Airbnb, Portland, Oregon
Dataminr, New York
Product Manager, Content
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Developer Evangelist
Fitbit, US - San Francisco, US - Boston
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom