BARK is a company building products, experiences and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people, crazy dog people, believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? We (and the world’s dogs) are looking for you. BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love dogs.
We are looking for a Rails developer who is excited about applying their technical skills to make dogs happy. You are passionate about building online interactions centered around the best interest of the customer. You admire the beauty of a well-crafted API. You get a thrill from applying creative problem solving to balance ambitious timelines with technical rigor.You know that the success of the company lies in the strength of the team and you are excited to collaborate.
You love that the code you deploy results in tails wagging across the country.
- Architecture: Solve problems in a way that paves the path for those coming after you. Propose innovative designs & develop robust solutions.
- Feature Delivery: Write well designed, testable and reliable code as you ship features that make dogs happy
- Code Quality: Promote best practices to continually improve code quality and team productivity.
- Team-Oriented: Collaborate with fellow developers to craft maintainable code and communicate the new capabilities to non-developer co-workers who will be excited to use new tools and offer great customer experiences
We are looking for exceptional web developers with experience in the following areas to help us grow our business and to make dogs around the world happier. The quantity of your experience is not nearly as important as the quality of it. Code examples and shipped products speak volumes to us.
- You have delivered and maintained on production software in a team environment
- You are an experienced Ruby on Rails developer
- You can design data models and optimize queries (we use postgres)
- You write tests early and often
- You care about delivering a good customer experience and align your code to that
- You are able to easily dive in, understand, and build on an existing codebase
- Bonus points if you have experience with ecommerce, data analysis, heroku and aws
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit https://www.barkbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Backend Engineer, Playback
Vimeo, New York, NY
Technical Lead Consultant
Director, Payments Engineering
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Engineering Manager - Media
Reddit, San Francisco
Lead Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA