BARK is a company building products, experiences and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people, crazy dog people, believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? We (and the worlds dogs) are looking for you. BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love dogs.
We are looking for a Sr Front End Engineer who is excited about applying their technical skills to make dogs happy. You are passionate about building online interactions centered around the best interest of the customer. You get a thrill from applying creative problem solving to balance ambitious timelines with technical rigor. You know that the success of the company lies in the strength of the team and you are excited to collaborate and mentor.
You love that the code you deploy results in tails wagging across the country.
- Architecture: Be a leader in proposing innovative designs to enhance our existing infrastructure and develop solutions to solve unique business issues.
- Feature Delivery: Write well designed, testable and reliable code as you ship features that help support amazing causes world-wide.
- Performance: Maintain a highly responsive system by ensuring code quality, stability and scalability.
- Team-Oriented: Support and mentor fellow developers by providing advice, encouraging best practices and performing design and code reviews.
We are looking for exceptional front end developers with experience in the following areas to help us grow our business and to make dogs around the world happier. The quantity of your experience is not nearly as important as the quality of it. Code examples and shipped products speak volumes to us.
- You have strong JS(ES6+), HTML, and CSS skills
- You stay up-to-date on industry best practices
- You have experience with a range of front-end frameworks
- You value solving problems as a team
- You love challenges and are able to understand and articulate the business value of technical choices
- You understand the importance of mentorship and strive to help other developers grow in their careers
- You have built beautiful, empathetic user experiences used by a large audience
- You have an in-depth understanding of the client-server relationship
- You keep a critical eye on performance
- You regularly practice writing clean code using TDD and document your rationale
- Bonus points for Ruby on Rails and e-commerce experience
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit https://www.barkbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Chef d’équipe - Ingénieur logiciel - FR
Director, Product Design
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Software Engineer (Ruby/Rails)
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
Site Reliability Engineer
Peloton, NY HQ
Sales Engineer (San Francisco)
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Distributed Systems Architect