BARK is a company building products, experiences and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people, crazy dog people, believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
We’re sniffing around for a Digital Design Lead in our New York City office. BARK is a fast-growing business for people who absolutely love dogs. The Digital Design Lead will focus on our e-commerce business, BarkShop, and be directly responsible for translating and evolving the BARK brand identity through appropriate design executions for UI/UX, marketing collateral, and branding.
- Conceptualize and design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Lead creative vision, while also being very hands-on pixel level design work
- Scope of work includes: visual design, conceptual UI/UX design, marketing material, art directing photo/video shoots.
- Coordinate with art director and product managers to affirm creative objectives, discuss effective creative direction, and ensure brand consistency and high standards of creative execution for the development of brand materials.
- Work cross-functionally with Shop marketers and product design team to meet sales goals.
- Push brand identity forward and maintain design standards.
- Providing quality assurance on creative deliverables.
- 6+ years design experience and experience mentoring junior designers.
- Must have UI/UX experience.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments and technologies, and needs to be as fluent in functional design as they are in visual storytelling.
- Experience with e-commerce and digital marketing
- Proficient in Sketch, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop - AfterEffects/animation experience a bonus.
- Imaginative and fast thinking with the ability to create engaging designs that communicate, inform, and persuade.
- Keen understanding of typography, color, graphics, and layout.
- Able and willing to work in a collaborative environment and adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Bonus points for physical packaging experience.
- Must be head over heels nuts for dogs.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit https://www.barkbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Oscar, New York
Vice President of Design and UX
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA
Character Artist (Contract)
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Experience Design Manager
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Visual Design Lead
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Graphic Designer (Contract)
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA