BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
BARK is a fast-growing business that serves people who absolutely love dogs and want to make dogs happy. We currently have offices in New York City and Columbus, Ohio and believe people are our strongest asset. We are sniffing for a Senior Benefits and Payroll Manager to be located in Columbus who will help us keep up with our expansion and provide the best service possible to the team.
Want to be a hero? Nothing makes a team happier than being paid on time and having great health insurance! In the near term, you will own the relationship with our current PEO (Trinet) and help execute all employee related events, from onboarding to off-boarding, and everything in between. Longer term, you will also have the opportunity to help lead our transition to managing benefits and payroll directly.
- Be the liaison between Bark and our current PEO (Trinet) until company transitions payroll and benefits management “in house”
- Manage all employee onboarding and off-boarding, including benefits enrollment and COBRA administration
- Maintain employment records keeping organized and up to date, including any changes in compensation, department, reporting or status
- Own our payroll needs! We like being paid on time and need someone to make sure that happens consistently and accurately. This includes processing weekly payroll for various employee types, special payrolls, and any compensation changes
- Primary point of contact for any questions regarding health benefits or payroll
- Help architect and lead our transition from our PEO to direct management of benefits and payroll, including evaluation and selection of providers
- Create processes around new employee administration, benefits management and payroll, and change management
- Work with partners within the organization to create employee policies and procedures, manage compliance, and institute ongoing and ad hoc reporting of payroll and staffing
- Manage all HR documentation, including employment agreements, consultant agreements, employee change forms and separation paperwork
- 5+ years experience in employee benefits and payroll administration
- Experience setting up new benefits and payroll systems is a plus
- Strong Excel skills and report development
- Familiarity with security concepts such as user-based and role-based groups
- Strong organization, attention to detail, follow through, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Love of dogs and their people
- Internal drive to learn and to take initiative to pursue opportunities that improve processes/functions/systems and solve/resolve problems.
- Personable, team player possessing ability to work with all types of people and employees
- Ability to work independently and get things done, as well as collaboratively in a team and cross functionally
A FEW THINGS WE BELIEVE IN:
Partnership: HR is a service function that partners with operational departments across the firm. We are responsible for implementing processes and disciplines that could be burdensome to our operating partners. An effective manager works to understand the goals and constraints of our partners and then implement process changes that enhance or at least minimally disrupt our partners. We work to be part of their team.
Ownership: Each member of the team has a personal standard of accuracy and for ‘doing it right’ that exceeds any audit or external compliance standard. Mistakes happen and when they do, we fix them and implement checks and measures to ensure they don’t happen again. We take personal responsibility for our work knowing that we are supported by the company.
Team: Bark has a strong team of smart, high integrity, fun individuals who work hard. We help each other with the big and the small stuff equally.
Fun: Fun and happiness is the business we are in and the culture we enjoy. We work too hard not to enjoy what we do and who we spend our working hours with.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Columbus, Ohio. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit https://www.barkbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Legal Counsel
Counsel, Licensing, Merchandising, and Partner Marketing
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Zuora, San Mateo, CA
Senior Tax Analyst, Production Tax
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Hortonworks, London, UK