BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN FOR:
We have interesting problems and big goals so we need outstanding people on our team. We are looking for an exceptional DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining our production systems.
As our DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for site reliability, release management, automation and system maintenance. You will also participate in infrastructure related projects to provide insight and direction. At Bark, we value flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments. We’re looking for a strong collaborator who will actively work to wrangle and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
You’ll be a key partner to our engineering, data and operations teams to deploy and operate our systems reliably and securely, so that we can always be providing the best experience to our customers
- Implement and manage tools to automate the setup and maintenance of systems in a distributed, cloud infrastructure. This includes managing our current relationships with Heroku and AWS
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with our engineering, data and operational teams
- Participate in developing the long-range technical infrastructure and architecture plans
- Plan automated backups and disaster recovery/failover configurations
- Create and manage service tickets for sysops tasks in CircleCi and Clubhouse
- Produce high quality systems documents
- Become the primary interface to our team for operational/technical issues. Be on-call during production release, maintenance & system upgrades
- Maintain security policies to pass annual compliance audits
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies
- Experience in deploying and maintaining cloud based systems and cloud automation
- Demonstrated experience with Ruby application development
- Experience with CI tools, preferably CircleCi
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Expert in high availability applications including redundancy, fail over, scalability, monitoring and performance
- Systems administration including custom distributions, user and account management, patching and scripting
- Excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit https://www.barkbox.com/
Jobs You May Like
Data Engineer, Business Intelligence
Pinterest, San Francisco
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
Time Inc., New York, NY
Indiegogo, San Francisco
Spezialist Automatisierung (m/w)
Customer SysOps Engineer
MuleSoft, Buenos Aires
Cloudreach, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, New York City, Remote US