BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR
BARK's Workplace Experience Team is on the prowl for a dynamic, dog-ruving office coordinator to join us in NYC, focusing on our infrastructure & basic IT help desk needs. The role calls for a charming and whip-smart team player to assist in keeping our office running like a well-oiled machine and keeping our peeps & pups happy. We need someone who is handy with a screwdriver, hyper-organized behind the scenes, and always ready to give that belly scratch or a hug. This role is nothing like the typical facilities gig. We'll give you chances to work beyond your job description daily, so you'll always be challenged and entertained. Join us!
- Open facilities by 7am
- Audit local workplace tech & facilities amenities to ensure everything is in working condition
- Escalate tier 2 issues to team to schedule vendors
- Process & distribute incoming mail
- Ensure office space & facilities storage is organized & free of clutter
- Stock & organize office supplies stations on all floors
- Report & fix tier 1 maintenance issues & facilities repairs, including but not limited to: replacing lightbulbs, furniture repair, replacing missing parts
- Unwavering ruv for dogs (duh)
- Strong communication
- Basic understanding of facilities systems, including electrical, plumbing, waste management, and HVAC.
- You know when to fiddle to fix, but you also know when to sound the horn for reinforcements.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- You are able to handle multiple, competing priorities with high attention to detail and thorough resolution
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs in puppies
This position is a part time, hourly position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York with wonderful team lunches and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Postmates, San Francisco
General Assembly, Paris, France
Data Science Technical Coaching Fellow (Part-Time)
Flatiron School, Washington, D.C
Recruitment Assistant (Internship)
Business Recruiter, UK
Recruiting Manager, Talent Sourcing
Box, Redwood City, CA