BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love, (*ruv) dogs.
Software engineers at BarkBox contribute to the design and implementation of new features and improve our current codebase. You are enthusiastic about delivering quality software as well as building intuitive, friendly interfaces. You get a thrill from applying creative problem solving to balance ambitious timelines with technical rigor. You know that the success of the company lies in the strength of the team and you are excited to collaborate and mentor.
You love that the code you deploy results in tails wagging across the country.
- Product Focus: Participate in the ideation and planning of features to set the team up for success. We build to deploy.
- Technical: Build beautiful intuitive user interfaces and build on our backend services to access customer data.
- Feature Delivery: Write well-designed, testable and reliable code as you ship features that make dogs happy and your coworkers too.
- Code Quality: Maintain a highly responsive system by ensuring code quality, stability and scalability. You are pragmatic not dogmatic.
- You have front-end, back-end, or full-stack web-development experience and are open to Ruby on Rails
- You can design data models and queries
- You write tests early and often and enjoy working in a CI/CD environment
- You care about delivering a good customer experience and align your code to that
- You are comfortable with diving in to understand and build on an existing codebase
- You value your own time and others’ and find solutions to optimize it
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about BarkBox? Visit BarkBox's website.
Jobs You May Like
Client Platform Engineer, Infrastructure
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City
Intrepid iOS Apprentice (Spring 2019)
Accenture, MA - Boston, USA
Technical Lead Manager
Emma Inc., Indianapolis, IN
Developer Lead - Support Team
Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
Senior Software Engineer: Backend (CS Tech)