BARK is a company building products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, and enthusiastic — just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes and spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people – crazy dog people – believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
Can you give a pup belly scratches until you get carpal tunnel? Listen to squeaky toys until your ears bleed? BARK is a fast-growing business for people who love, (*ruv) dogs.
As a Photo Post Production Manager at BARK, you will lead retouching for all photos taken across the business by our in house photographers. You will work closely with a broader creative team of photographers, designers, stylists and art directors.
With a high volume of photos shot on a daily basis, it is crucial that you are able to work fast and make creative decisions even with limited input.
- QA ing and hands-on photo retouching
- Tracking images (between external retouchers, archive and team members)
- Responsible for cropping images for use
- Keeping and maintaining retouching notes
- Image selects/edits for marketing collateral, website, design
- Delivering images to other teams
- Archiving and tagging images through DAM and internal server
We are looking for a passionate and experienced retoucher with the following competencies:
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite, Media Pro, Capture One, digital asset management experience.
- Be able and willing to work in a collaborative environment and adapt to quickly changing priorities.
- Have excellent time management skills and ability to meet quick turnaround times.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid environment, handling a variety of assignments and technologies.
- 2+ years of relevant photo retouching experience.
- Self-starter, positive attitude with an emphasis on supporting the team and achieving long term goals.
- MUST LOVE DOGS!
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
There are 80 million dogs in the US. Not all of them have their own BarkBox subscriptions…yet. But you can help. BarkBox is hiring, and employees get a spot in their sunny new office and health insurance for employee and pup (no joke).
Be a Better BarkBox Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at BarkBox when you watch classes taught by their top employees.